× Members

PIP Letter - Decision hasn't been made yet.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149291 by karenscrimshaw
PIP Letter - Decision hasn't been made yet. was created by karenscrimshaw
Hello everyone

I can't remember the last time I posted on here. It will be a very long time ago now. I'm one of those who have had to complete a form applying for PIP, having been in receipt of DLA (High Care and Low Rate Mobility). I have a number of conditions which are relevant to my claim - bi-polar and various physical ailments, which it now seems are probably fibromyalgia.

I've received a letter in the post today and I'm a bit confused by it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has received such a letter.

"We're writing to let you know that we've extended your award of the mobility and care component of Disability Living Allowance.

Your entitlement for Disability Living Allowance will continue until we make a decision on your claim for Personal Independence Payment."

That's the main bit of it.

Should I be worried? Does this mean my claim will be rejected, even though I haven't so far been asked to attend a medical assessment? It's just I thought I'd have a letter, either saying I had a date for a medical or that I had been awarded PIP at some kind of level.

I'd be very grateful for any feedback you may have.

Thank you and best wishes. KarenJane
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149305 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Letter - Decision hasn't been made yet.
Hi KarenJane,

This letter simply means that, no matter what the official end date of your DLA award, it will continue in payment until 4 weeks after a PIP decision is made - whatever and whenever that is. It does not bear any relation to the success, or otherwise, of your PIP claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenscrimshaw

More
8 years 2 months ago #150010 by karenscrimshaw
Replied by karenscrimshaw on topic PIP Letter - Decision hasn't been made yet.
Hello Mrs HurtyBack ... I checked in a couple of times and hadn't realised my question had been answered. In the interim, I contacted DWP and they confirmed exactly what you have now. Thank you very much for your help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.