× Members

Not going to the ESA medical.

• Bunnygirl
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149321 by Bunnygirl
Not going to the ESA medical. was created by Bunnygirl
My doctor wrote to the ESA medical appointment requesting that I have a home visit . This was denied and they sent me another appointment which was for a day after a medical procedure I had to have . I phoned to say I wouldn't be attending because I wouldn't be up to attending . I was told that they couldn't change the appointment and that I would be sent a form asking me why I didn't attend .
Even though I told them I would NOT be attending the initial appointment they still sent a taxi all the way from Croydon !!!!!

What is likely to happen to me now do you think ?
I'm really unwell with seven auto immune illnesses .
I'm at my wits end .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149344 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Not going to the ESA medical.
Hi
I'm afraid they will probably return your claim to the DWP saying you didn't comply.
The DWP will write to you saying your claim could not be processed due to tour non compliance.
You have the right to appeal.
May I suggest if you have a good GP you go to them immediately and get them to write a letter supporting your incapacity to attend the medicam and maybe contact the DWP to pre empt the return of your claim and launch an immediate formal complaint at the way you have been treated.
I'm sure your discrimination rights are being trampled all over and I appreciate your health problems but we have to fight and fight to get fair treatment for us all.
You could also contact your MP.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149357 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Not going to the ESA medical.
Bunnygirl, was this the first appointment for a face2face assessment in relation to this claim/assessment? Claimants are allowed to change the appointment once only, so if this was your first you should have another chance.However, if this was the second occasion, or you miss another, I'm afraid it is likely that, as Foss says, you file will be returned to DWP and your claim closed. We would then have to contact DWP and give 'good cause' for your failure to attend,.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bunnygirl

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.