× Members

Indefinate DLA Award Query

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149165 by Matilda
Indefinate DLA Award Query was created by Matilda
I was on DLA indefinite,i went for Atos assessment for pip last month,and today i got a letter still on the higher rate of dla but was told i have to be reviewed by 2018,i dont know why and want to ask if i can call them to find out why please.Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149198 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Indefinate DLA Award Query

Matilda wrote: I was on DLA indefinite,i went for Atos assessment for pip last month,and today i got a letter still on the higher rate of dla but was told i have to be reviewed by 2018,i dont know why and want to ask if i can call them to find out why please.Thank you.

PIP has different criteria for award length than DLA did, most awards at the moment are for a fixed term, in principle you can challenge this but any request will result in the DWP reviewing the whole award not just the length so you need to consider whether this could be an issue for you.

If you decide to go ahead with a challenge have a look at the PIP Appeal guide and if you have any questions on the process, come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149350 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Indefinate DLA Award Query
Topic moved from Spotlight Area, which is not meant for members queries.

This message contains confidential information

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.