× Members

Just had my ATOS PIP assessment

• lydiap
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149410 by lydiap
Just had my ATOS PIP assessment was created by lydiap
Hi all, I have ankylosing spondylitis and have just been for my PIP assessment. The guy from ATOS was nice and made me feel comfortable but I don't feel he really asked me many questions. For example, he didn't ask me to describe a good/average/bad day or ask how many of those days I have...he asked how many days a month I am not able to move at all but nothing else. I told him I get the bus a couple of times a week but he didn't ask how I get to work the rest of the time (the rest of the time my husband has to drive me as i'm not able to walk more than a few steps). I just dont feel that he really asked me enough to assess me on properly or gave me the opportunity to volunteer information...I was only in there 20/25 mins. has anyone else had a similar experience to me and if so, were you able to do anything about it? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #149428 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Just had my ATOS PIP assessment

lydiap wrote: Hi all, I have ankylosing spondylitis and have just been for my PIP assessment. The guy from ATOS was nice and made me feel comfortable but I don't feel he really asked me many questions. For example, he didn't ask me to describe a good/average/bad day or ask how many of those days I have...he asked how many days a month I am not able to move at all but nothing else. I told him I get the bus a couple of times a week but he didn't ask how I get to work the rest of the time (the rest of the time my husband has to drive me as i'm not able to walk more than a few steps). I just dont feel that he really asked me enough to assess me on properly or gave me the opportunity to volunteer information...I was only in there 20/25 mins. has anyone else had a similar experience to me and if so, were you able to do anything about it? Thanks in advance

Hi l,

Just been looking at your previous topic : Here.

Feedback from members indicates that the length of time that a face to face assessment can take is variable from around 15-20 mins to well over an hour !

I don't think that you can read anything particular into this !

You could give it a week or so, then ring The DWP PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whilst on the phone, you could request that they send you a copy of The PA4 Medical Report compiled by the Assessor at the face to face and sent to The DWP PIP DM who makes the final decision.

Although you might have to wait until after a decision has been made by The DWP, some members have managed to gain a copy of The PA4 before receiving a decision.

Good luck, and please keep us updated !

bro58

• lydiap
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149452 by lydiap
Replied by lydiap on topic Just had my ATOS PIP assessment
Thank you, I was asking for a friend so I will pass the advice on

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149464 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Just had my ATOS PIP assessment
Hi
Hopefully your friend submitted a detailed claim with lots of supporting evidence so maybe the assessor didn't need a lot of additional info.
The decision maker is supposed to use all the evidence and not just rely on the assessors report.
Unfortunately your friend will have to sit it out now until they get their decision either way.
Please post back and let us know.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.