× Members

dla evidence fpr pip claim for 16yr old

• helshe
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149453 by helshe
Hi all.
I have had a bit of a scout around the site, but cant seem to find any mention for my darling 16yr old aspie son who suffers from sever anxiety disorder..

although he was awarded dla untill he was 18, the dreaded letter come a few days ago after his 16th. ( what a prezzie) and I have now got to apply for pip for him as his appointee.
Being so stressed by this I cannot find where I have read that his dla evidence can be used to assess his pip claim.
i have done step one and phoned pip1 form (very blindly) and re-joined the site here). so the pip2 for has arrived and still waiting on the supposed promised evidence from his dla they have used,

does anyone know how this works for pip, and should I ask it to be taken into consideration as evidence.

If it was for me, I would be hanging by a thread mentally, but this is for my son and everything is down to me here.

look forward to any help or advice. thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla evidence fpr pip claim for 16yr old
helshe

There's an option during the initial phone call to complete the PIP1 as to whether the claimant wants to use the evidence previously submitted for their DLA claim.

The claimant will not be sent the information.

There is no guarantee that the information is still physically available, the DWP should inform you if it is not.

Even if it is available there is no guarantee that the DWP or the assessor will actually refer to the information, our recommendation is that any evidence that you want to be considered is included and referenced with the PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.