× Members

PIP result.

• rambo23
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149488 by rambo23
PIP result. was created by rambo23
I had my PIP face to face medical at home by a female nurse,lasted 1hr 20 mins.that was on 7/01/16,got result 28/01/16,I was on middle rate care DLA,high rate mobility DLA, and now on PIP care middle rate and enhancement rate mobility,l thought I would have got more than 2 pts for showering as I need help getting this done as for toilet needs I need help with cleaning myself,only got 2 pts,as for cooking meals,l only can use a microwave,l cant boil water or cook at the gas cooker as ive no body balance and have fallen in to the cooker.again 2 pts.and 2pts for dressing and undressing.l was going to ask them too look again at their decision and see what happens,in doing this and they say no,do I keep the same money they have given me.i don't want too lose what they have given me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149493 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP result.
Hi Rambo

It's always a bit risky, when you have a reasonably good award, to question it. There's always the chance that a new recon might decide to remove some of your award. You could always stick with things the way they are and when you need to renew your application, really go to town on the descriptors you feel they under estimated?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rambo23

More
8 years 2 months ago #149504 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP result.
Unlike DLA, which had 3 rates for care, PIP has only 2 - standard and enhanced. Which did you get?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• rambo23
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149527 by rambo23
Replied by rambo23 on topic PIP result.
PIP care,standard.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149563 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP result.
As Shelam says, you should think carefully before you take this further. If you are just a point or two short of enhanced and can see where you should have scored four more points, for instance, you would have a much safer case than if you just scored enough for standard rate and canot see where you might have gained more points.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rambo23

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.