× Members

Esa85a

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149500 by Rh
Esa85a was created by Rh
I requested a copy of my esa85a which turned up today.

I applied on basis of mental health and arthritis.

The report states that qualify for support group due to mental health cannot cope with change and recommends support group for a year.

My question is it does not mention other things I should of got points for e.g walking is this correct ?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149508 by
Replied by on topic Esa85a

Rh wrote: I requested a copy of my esa85a which turned up today.

I applied on basis of mental health and arthritis.

The report states that qualify for support group due to mental health cannot cope with change and recommends support group for a year.

My question is it does not mention other things I should of got points for e.g walking is this correct ?

Hi Rh,

Yes, The ESA85A Medical Report can be a little vague !

Gaining access to The SG is not reliant on you scoring points, points are only relevant to qualification for The WRAG, where you need to score a minimum of 15 points cumulatively across all/any of : The Functional WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Descriptors

To gain access to The SG you just have to qualify under any one of : The Functional SG (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Descriptors

(As you may notice, some but not all of the highest scoring WRAG Descriptors correspond to some of The SG Descriptors)

From what you have written, it looks like you have qualified for The SG under :

"Activity 12. Coping with change.

Descriptor 12. Cannot cope with any change, due to cognitive impairment or mental disorder, to the extent that day to day life cannot be managed."

Even though you may qualify for The SG under more than one Activity/Descriptor, the Assessor and DM seem to stop once they are happy that you fulfil at least one of them.

On your next re-assessment, you can highlight how and why you qualified this time, and still give details of any other limitations that you suffer.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #149510 by hicky1
Replied by hicky1 on topic Esa85a
Do you ring or write for a copy of the report

8 years 2 months ago #149511 by
Replied by on topic Esa85a

hicky1 wrote: Do you ring or write for a copy of the report

Hi h1,

See : This Post

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #149523 by Rh
Replied by Rh on topic Esa85a
Thanks bro58
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.