× Members

Capita

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149517 by bernie
Capita was created by bernie
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had, had a phone call from Capita saying they was ringing to ask about energy improvements at your home. I asked who was I speaking to. He replied Capita. I suddenly became cautious, as the name sounded familiar. I said the house is up for sale. He said thank you then goodbye. I have since received forms for work assessment. I am in the ESA support group after I had to appeal and get my MP involved. I just think their tactics are so underhand.
Bernadette
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149532 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Capita

bernie wrote: Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had, had a phone call from Capita saying they was ringing to ask about energy improvements at your home. I asked who was I speaking to. He replied Capita. I suddenly became cautious, as the name sounded familiar. I said the house is up for sale. He said thank you then goodbye. I have since received forms for work assessment. I am in the ESA support group after I had to appeal and get my MP involved. I just think their tactics are so underhand.
Bernadette

Hi b,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Although : Capita Health and Wellbeing do carry out PIP Assessments for The DWP,

Capita as a whole have their fingers in many, many other pies ! :

Capita What We Do.

Although I would not entirely disagree with your comments regarding "underhanded tactics", I think it this case, the phone call and you receiving your ESA50 for re-assessment is pure coincidence.

The re-assessments of current ESA recipients restarted at the beginning of December 2015 after they had been getting deferred since January 2014.

We have been seeing a lot more members receiving ESA50's for reassessment since that time.

Just read through the forum and you will see !

Besides, it is : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15. who now deal with ESA, Capita never have.

Now that you have your ESA50, you may wish to consider : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (aka CHDA, aka HAAS.)

You should treat this reassessment as if it was your first assessment and do not assume that The CHDA Assessor will have access to any of the previous evidence that you submitted last time.

They may not even be aware that you are currently in The SG.

So, you should let them know that you are currently in The SG, and highlight the reasons why you are in The SG and provide evidence that you still qualify for The SG.

You can use older evidence, but you must make it clear that your medical conditions and resulting limitations have not improved this the date of the evidence, and any current evidence to back this up will help.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.