× Members

PIP decision received please help

More
8 years 2 months ago #149587 by te1
I had my PIP face-to-face on 20th Jan and received the decision notice on 27th Jan. I received 4 points for Daily Living (2 points for Preparing Food and 2 points Washing and Bathing). I also received 4 points for Moving around).

I have Aspergers, anxiety, depression and fibromyalgia. Despite styming (anxiously twiddling with my hands) the assessor said there was no anxiety observed. I have recently been assessed by the local mental health team and there is no modified CBT available for people with ASD in my area although I scored having severe anxiety and depression. Because there is no service available the assessor stated no evidence of input from a mental health team. Due to my autism I have a range of difficulties which I detailed in my written submission. This was supported with letters from the advocacy service, and mental health professionals. Despite this the assessor stated there was no indication at the assessment that I have significant cognitive, memory, anxiety, intellectual, insight, sensory or concentration impairment that might prevent me from managing the activities on the PIP application form. I did not understand the multi step instructions for the physical examination and had to be shown. I could recall the list of three items (pencil, pen, paper), but this isn't the type of memory problems I struggle with. I said I can follow a local journey, but stated in my written statement that I cannot plan journeys, I have to have help with this and practice all journeys in advance. I never can use any type of public transport. I feel that nothing I wrote in my statement was taken into consideration. I told the assessor that I felt I was not explaining myself very well but he said that I was. I felt extremely anxious throughout. Can anyone offer any advice? Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149627 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP decision received please help
Hi
Please read our guide to appeals. You can find it from the members area link on the lefthand column of any webpage.
You have 28 days to lodge an appeal.
All the info you require is in the guide.
If you have any further questions please come back here and post them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.