× Members

PIp atos home visit

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149668 by karen u
PIp atos home visit was created by karen u
At my last assessment , the DWP failed to provide a suitable chair and would not let me use the exam bed.I have severe scoliosis and this caused me a great deal of pain.This time I contacted my m.p. as they broke the law by not making a reasonable adjustment for my disability.Within days they granted a home visit! If more of us got our m.p.s help they would realise what is going on. I now you advise this on the site
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149683 by
Replied by on topic PIp atos home visit

karen u wrote: At my last assessment , the DWP failed to provide a suitable chair and would not let me use the exam bed.I have severe scoliosis and this caused me a great deal of pain.This time I contacted my m.p. as they broke the law by not making a reasonable adjustment for my disability.Within days they granted a home visit! If more of us got our m.p.s help they would realise what is going on. I now you advise this on the site

Hi ku,

Yes, we do advise members to contact their M.P. to make them aware of what is going on with these AP's !!

Well done for fighting your corner !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #154944 by karen u
Replied by karen u on topic PIp atos home visit
Just to let you know ,following my home visit for pip,with a lady who could not have been kinder, got indefinite higher for both, so could not have got a better outcome. My previous experience had been dreadful so I have had the two extremes.It is a lottery .So what do I advise ? Use benefits and work to try to even the playing field or you have very little hope. Also following a poor assessment by a centre who could not provide a suitable chair, I contacted my mp after a change of circumstance and got a home visit in one week.!Strangely all went well after my mp was involved..
The following user(s) said Thank You: , slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.