× Members

PIP assessment

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149674 by rangerman44
PIP assessment was created by rangerman44
Hi
I have just received, my pip appointment, and as per normal, it is nowhere, near me, even though, I have two assessment, centres on my door step, now I know, I will not be able to travel to this centre, as it looks like,I will be on my own,So am I within my wrights,to request, appointment, at a centre nearer to me, also with the prospect of me being on my own, will this count against me,I also have further info from my consultant, which has just been sent to me, can I still use it, and if yes, who should I send it too.
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149690 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP assessment

rangerman44 wrote: Hi
I have just received, my pip appointment, and as per normal, it is nowhere, near me, even though, I have two assessment, centres on my door step, now I know, I will not be able to travel to this centre, as it looks like,I will be on my own,So am I within my wrights,to request, appointment, at a centre nearer to me, also with the prospect of me being on my own, will this count against me,I also have further info from my consultant, which has just been sent to me, can I still use it, and if yes, who should I send it too.
Thanks

Hi rm44,

This seems to be "The Hot Topic" at the moment, see : This Topic from over the weekend.

See also, these related News Articles : Here, Here and Here.

See : This Post in The Spotlight Area also !

Yes, you can contact them and you can request that they provide a nearer venue or a Home Assessment if one is required.

It make count against you if being/travelling alone is contradictory to your stated limitations.

You should be aware that how you manage the return trip to/from the Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

You may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments/recommendations within the PIP PA4 medical report which they compile and send to The DWP.

You can read what to expect at your PIP face to face from around Page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

Yes, you should e-mail copy of the fresh evidence to The Assessment Provider, you can also give a copy to The Assessor before the face to face starts, and you could even send a copy : FAO : The PIP Case Manager (DM) at the address of The DWP Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent PIP Letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.