× Members

changed from esa to jsa?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149726 by John
changed from esa to jsa? was created by John
Hi

Possibly paranoia on my part but every 2nd week my partner receives her esa payment, on our banking app this shows as DWP EESA has been this way for years. Her payment should be received tomorrow 02/02/16 but having just checked the app the payment which is for the same amount has been paid in today but says DWP JSA.

We have received no letters through the post but wondering if she has been moved from esa without any form?

Recently filled in a pip claim form for the transfer from DLA. This was to be returned by Saturday 23/01/16 and was posted 21/01/16 first class recorded and someone signed for it Monday 25/01/16. The form was posted out on Christmas eve but not received till 06/01/16. I called them up when the form was sent back asked them to note on her record that we didn't have sufficient time to complete the form due to it taking so long to receive and I also gave them the tracking number.

My partner is in the ESA support group has been since IB migration, maybe I am being paranoid but scared they have moved her to JSA for whatever reason and that she wont receive her DLA payment on 02/02/16.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149737 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic changed from esa to jsa?
Hi John,

There are no circumstances under which a claimant is moved from ESA to JSA without knowing it. If an ESA claim is denied it is up to the claimant to apply for JSA themself, DWP do not do it.

The DLA to PIP transfer has nothing to do with ESA payment although it is possible that information from the PIP claim could be used when the ESA is next reassessed.

The ESA payments 'piggyback' onto JSA payments rather than having a separate system of their own. If manual payments have to be made, for any reason, it will always appear as JSA on the reference.

Whilst I have no faith in the integrity of DWP I think your fears are unfounded in this instance :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: John

More
8 years 3 months ago #149742 by John
Replied by John on topic changed from esa to jsa?
Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes paranoia well and truly kicked in sorry. The wait for the dreaded brown envelope from pip has that effect, was actually having panic attacks at the thought of more money being stopped and more battles to fight. After posting my question I found some links on the net where people had similar experiences.

Don't really understand why it has been paid a day early but just had that nagging feeling that it was something to do with the recent pip form although I doubt in the last 7 days it has even been received by atos. My other thought was maybe that they could say they received the form 2 days late and had stopped the claim. Under the payment was a collection of numbers like a new standing order, guess it's just the way the bank have processed it.

Anyway will try and chill out and hopefully the DLA money is paid in tomorrow as usual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 2 months ago #149777 by mrs doyle
Replied by mrs doyle on topic changed from esa to jsa?
I have had exactly the same thing;normally my building society says DWPEESA but today says JSA I hope its nothing to worry about.!

More
8 years 2 months ago #149811 by John
Replied by John on topic changed from esa to jsa?
Hey hopefully it will be ok, the dla was paid today and instead of saying dwp it just said dw. I assume it's either the way the bank processed the payment or the way the dwp sent it. Just strange for it to change after all this time.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #149813 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic changed from esa to jsa?

John wrote: Hey hopefully it will be ok, the dla was paid today and instead of saying dwp it just said dw. I assume it's either the way the bank processed the payment or the way the dwp sent it. Just strange for it to change after all this time.

Hi J,

This is fairly common when DWP ESA have to make a manual payment for "whatever" reason, and I have seen it occur quite a lot with ESA recipients that I know !

Your payment reference should revert back to EESA over the coming weeks.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.