× Members

Esa wca form return date, can you get extensions?

• JoanneDerby
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149766 by JoanneDerby
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to get an extension on the return date of a work capabilities form? I have had major problems filling it in and it is due tomorrow!!!, just been told by jobcentre plus worker can't have an extension for them as they do not do them for that and just fill it in and return it, not at all helpful. I am panicking so much now, it's due in tomorrow, so worried everything is just going to stop as haven't returned form in time . Does anyone know if it is possible or not. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149771 by bro58
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions in this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am afraid that there is no ESA Legislation or Guidance that allows for an extension in the time allowed to fill in and return an ESA50.

Besides, if you were to try and gain and extension, you have left it too late in the day !

My best advice would be to return The ESA50 ASAP, with an accompanying letter stating that you have not been able to fully complete the ESA50, and will forward further information/evidence to them ASAP.

Remember, there will always be a time period between them receiving your ESA50 and an Assessor actually looking at it !

You can use Royal Mail guaranteed next day delivery, to ensure that it arrives back to the return address ASAP !

Keep a note of the return address that you are returning The ESA50 to, then as soon as you can, send the extra information to the same address with another covering letter explaining that you want that informations taking into account along with the information that you have already provided.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

If needed, you can e-mail : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

It is far better to return your ESA50 ASAP incomplete rather than returning it late and risking your file being returned to the DWP who may then stop your ESA for failure to return The ESA50.

If you are called in for a face to face you could take copy of all the evidence (and ESA50) that you sent through the post and give it to the Assessor before the face to face starts.

As a backup, you could also post copy FAO : The ESA Decision Maker at the address of The DWP Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent ESA letter.

Even though you need to get The ESA50 posted ASAP, you could consider :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire in the future or to fully complete and send as advised.

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.