× Members

I made a request for MR, DWP have left voicemail

More
8 years 2 months ago #150387 by darkchild101
I was awarded PIP both daily living and mobility at standard rates and i made a request for mandatory reconsideration. Today DWP have left voicemail saying tried to contact me and i need to call number on letter (i am assuming its award letter). I am at work and wont be able to call them till tomorrow. I am dead nervous now.

Any thoughts as to what they are calling about :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150398 by shelam
Hi Thabo

You don't say how long it is since you requested MR, but assuming the decision maker has had time to reconsider your application it might be that he is wanting to explain his decision to you. I believe this is usual if the decision has not been changed, BUT it could be for some other reason - I'm afraid you will have to speak with him/her to find out.

I'm sorry you are worried - it's awful to have to hang on. Please let us know what happens and if there is anything we can do to help if the news is not what you want to hear.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150514 by darkchild101
Replied by darkchild101 on topic I made a request for MR, DWP have left voicemail
I called them back when i got home and the girl on the phone there was a note to say my request for mandatory reconsideration had been late and they werent going to accept my request :(

I would be grateful for advice how to proceed please. Is there a way of requesting consideration of my award due to my condition having worsened or anything

Thanks

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150536 by foss27
How long did you wait?
You have 28 days to request a MR.
They will have to send their decision in writing and you can appeal and say why it took longer than 28 days to respond.
You can make a new claim.
How long ago did you start the claim?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150605 by darkchild101
Replied by darkchild101 on topic I made a request for MR, DWP have left voicemail
I already get standard rate mobility and care. I wanted to reconsideration to move up. Do i need to make a claim for that. I thought there was a way of advising them of a change in cicumstances or something like that

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150622 by foss27
Hi
You can advise them of a change in circumstances. ie a worsening of your condition.
This will neccessitate filling in a new claim form and supplying evidnce to back up your claim.
You can use our guide to claiming in the members area to help you fill in the form. It might be an idea to go throug the guide and see where you think you will score the extra points and make sure it is worth applying.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.