× Members

ESA Medical

• lozann14
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #150465 by lozann14
ESA Medical was created by lozann14
HI. In others' experience, is a short medical, 1/2 hour, a good sign of being placed in the support group, or does it not matter? I'm feeling anxious after mine yesterday because there are things I have since realised I should have said and just didn't get asked. I didn't have a physical exam and 5 mins before I was told the medical was over, I had to ask to use the loo. I was aware of being watched using my crutches all the way across the hallway. While I was in there, my son, who had accompanied me, was asked some of the same questions I'd been asked, presumably to try and trip us up. How soon can I ask for a copy of the report and who do I contact for this? I need to know whether she actually took any notice of the ESA50 or just agreed negatively with all the point scoring on the computer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150487 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Medical
lozann

I've given up trying to predict the result of a claim from the assessment. We've had members who thought it could not have gone worse only to receive the top award and others who felt if could not have gone better, receive nothing.

Your assessment may have been short because your ESA50 was completed in detail and the assessor only needed to confirm that it was accurate in order for them to make a recommendation.

Decisions usually only take a couple of weeks.

If you feel up to it, let us know how you get on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lozann14

• lozann14
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #150507 by lozann14
Replied by lozann14 on topic ESA Medical
Thank you Gordon. Just as I thought but wondered if anyone here had spotted any 'pattern', so to speak. All I know is that using these guides, I was able to fill in the ESA50 in so much more detail and with greater efficiency, I hope, than my previous ones. (Although, I was moved from Incapacity benefit to ESA originally in 2013, without a medical and solely based on my form admission). So who knows. I'll just have to meditate more to calm my anxiety down while I wait for the result.
Thanks for all the work on here.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150527 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA Medical
Hi
You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment now, before you get the decision.
That may or may not give you some peace.

• lozann14
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #150545 by lozann14
Replied by lozann14 on topic ESA Medical
Thanks foss27. I'll get onto it tomorrow. Who do I ring though? The assessment centre, the DWP number on my letters, or the local jobcentreplus? I'm slightly confused about that.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150546 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA Medical
Hi
Ring the DWP number. You could also put it in writing in case they lose or forget you rang.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.