× Members

PIP Decision advice needed

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151124 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Decision advice needed

gaz111 wrote: Hi,

Does anyone know how long a MR takes for PIP? Are we taking a few weeks or months?

I think I'm going to request one by writing a letter.

Hope it doesn't drag on for months. Don't think I can face tribunal so will give MR a shot but I'm not holding out much hope.

Having to write it myself as I can't get to see any welfare advisors for weeks and I only have about 2 weeks left to ask for it.

I think I will send the letter first and then call them a few days after to Inform them.

Thanks

Hi g111,

If you are absolutely sure that you still wish to request an MR after taking into account the advice given previously in this topic and the potential risk involved in losing your current award, you should ensure that your written MR request is back with DWP within one month of the date of your PIP Decision Notice letter.

MR's can take 4-8 weeks to deal with, and they used to say that 11 weeks was the maximum.

You may find : This Post helpful !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151190 by gaz111
Replied by gaz111 on topic PIP Decision advice needed
Hi Bro,

Thanks for all your advice.

I feel I should have been awarded mobility as I suffer from very bad panic disorder and anxiety amongst other things and travelling, especially to unfamiliar areas have always been a problem. I just see it as really unfair not to get any mobility payments as I have extra costs of taxis.

I just feel I've been cheated like thousands of others to cut costs and I feel like the DWP will just say 'like it or lump it and be grateful for any award'

I mean if you really don't think it's worth the risk then I may just leave it and take what I've got even though it isn't really right.

'Prompting' is not supervision on Journeys, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with blatant con tricks like this.

So you think it's a waste of time and too risky to appeal? From your experiences of seeing how MR go and regarding mobility for mental health?

Your personal opinion. I won't think you are trying to influence me but I'm getting no support from welfare rights as they can't some with the demand.

Thanks

g

More
8 years 2 months ago #151192 by gaz111
Also Bro, I've just thought, will I be allowed to ring and ask to speak to the decision maker and argue my case over the phone with them? Without having to ask for a MR. To ask the reasons behind it and then to state my case on why I think it's wrong?

More
8 years 2 months ago #151201 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision advice needed

gaz111 wrote: Hi Bro,

Thanks for all your advice.

I feel I should have been awarded mobility as I suffer from very bad panic disorder and anxiety amongst other things and travelling, especially to unfamiliar areas have always been a problem. I just see it as really unfair not to get any mobility payments as I have extra costs of taxis.

I just feel I've been cheated like thousands of others to cut costs and I feel like the DWP will just say 'like it or lump it and be grateful for any award'

I mean if you really don't think it's worth the risk then I may just leave it and take what I've got even though it isn't really right.

'Prompting' is not supervision on Journeys, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with blatant con tricks like this.

So you think it's a waste of time and too risky to appeal? From your experiences of seeing how MR go and regarding mobility for mental health?

Your personal opinion. I won't think you are trying to influence me but I'm getting no support from welfare rights as they can't some with the demand.

Thanks

g

I don't think we can do any more than explain how Decisions on Mobility are currently being made, whether to challenge the Decision is something that only you can decide to do.

Revision of the Decision at MR is quite low, although it does happen, the vast majority of changes to an award are made at appeal, so you should consider whether you are prepared to go that far or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151202 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision advice needed

gaz111 wrote: Also Bro, I've just thought, will I be allowed to ring and ask to speak to the decision maker and argue my case over the phone with them? Without having to ask for a MR. To ask the reasons behind it and then to state my case on why I think it's wrong?

It's not impossible but there is no legal requirement for the DM to speak to you, you will have already received their reasons for the Decision as this is sent out as standard with the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151215 by gaz111
Ok, thank you Gordon for all your help. I really do appreciate it.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.