× Members

PIP Decision advice needed

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150699 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Decision advice needed

gaz111 wrote: Hi,

Question about the length of PIP awards....

If a PIP award is until 2018 and they ask you to renew the year before and this is completed before the PIP award end does the new award or cancellation of award end on the date of the original length or the new reassessment? So would the award end in 2018 or could it end before if they re assess a year before?

Hope you understand the question.

Hi g111,

I see from all your previous topics : Here that you have started several different topics all related to PIP !

This is not helpful to the Mods as I explained to another member : Here.

Please try and keep all your PIP related queries to the one topic.

If you receive a different award to the one that you already have when being reviewed, the new award, or lack of it will be active from the date of the decision as a result of the review/renewal, rather than from the end date of the existing fixed term PIP award.

So in the example that you have given where the existing award is until 2018, but you receive the PIP Review/Renewal forms a year early in 2017, the award resulting from the review in 2017 would come into force from the date of that Review/Renewal decision rather than the original end date in 2018.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150724 by gaz111
Replied by gaz111 on topic PIP Decision advice needed
Surely if I've just been assessed for PIP and got my award for them to then take it away again at a MC shows that whoever is doing the reports are not fit for purpose? In terms of them dishing out different decisions within a few weeks?

I could understand if it was a change of circumstance but mines a fresh claim.... Of course I guess there is a risk but over a thousand pounds a year is a lot to lose and especially when you feel you meet the criteria for a mobility award.

Even though I got enhanced care I do feel I was underscored by 4 points. I know it doesn't make a difference but going to a MC feeling I was underscored anyway....

With regards to journeys the 'promoting to avoid the distress' does not help me. Having someone with me does. I feel calmer. I've had lots of times I've become suicidal travelling because of the stress and problems being in enclosed spaces / around lots of people has caused me. Then I've been be bound for days. I've told them this in my form but they don't seem to want to hear it.

Travelling and being in public places has always caused my condition to worsen so for this to be ignored and granted no mobility is not nice :(

I know some people may say 'be grateful for what you've got' but if it's not the right award for my needs then I'm bound to feel let down by the system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150726 by bro58
PIP related topics merged !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150743 by gaz111
Thanks bro, sorry I didn't realise.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #150745 by bro58

gaz111 wrote: Thanks bro, sorry I didn't realise.

No worries g111 !

You are not the only one ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151091 by gaz111
Hi,

Does anyone know how long a MR takes for PIP? Are we taking a few weeks or months?

I think I'm going to request one by writing a letter.

Hope it doesn't drag on for months. Don't think I can face tribunal so will give MR a shot but I'm not holding out much hope.

Having to write it myself as I can't get to see any welfare advisors for weeks and I only have about 2 weeks left to ask for it.

I think I will send the letter first and then call them a few days after to Inform them.

Thanks

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.