× Members

DLA Uprating letters

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150476 by micksville
DLA Uprating letters was created by micksville
Anyone else failed to receive their uprating letters for DLA? I normally get this around 1st week of Feb though generated around 31st January. I wondered if the absence of this letter might mean I was about to be called for migration to PIP. However, on calling DLA hotline the lady assured me I wasn't on her list for imminent migration and the reason there were no uprating letters is because there is not certain to be any uprating. (I understand even disability benefits have been frozen due to cuts) The hotline has a slightly different take on uprating with an option saying if you are calling about increase/uprating of benefits letters because you haven't received one....letters will be sent out to you by the end of March. So are the DWP not certain of any uprating for the upcoming tax year yet? Or are they keeping some claimants uprating letters back because they're likely to be invited to migrate to PIP bdfore the tzx year starts on 5th April? Wondered if members could shed any light on this as previously I have always had uprating letters generated on 31st January, always.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150481 by
Replied by on topic DLA Uprating letters

micksville wrote: Anyone else failed to receive their uprating letters for DLA? I normally get this around 1st week of Feb though generated around 31st January. I wondered if the absence of this letter might mean I was about to be called for migration to PIP. However, on calling DLA hotline the lady assured me I wasn't on her list for imminent migration and the reason there were no uprating letters is because there is not certain to be any uprating. (I understand even disability benefits have been frozen due to cuts) The hotline has a slightly different take on uprating with an option saying if you are calling about increase/uprating of benefits letters because you haven't received one....letters will be sent out to you by the end of March. So are the DWP not certain of any uprating for the upcoming tax year yet? Or are they keeping some claimants uprating letters back because they're likely to be invited to migrate to PIP bdfore the tzx year starts on 5th April? Wondered if members could shed any light on this as previously I have always had uprating letters generated on 31st January, always.

Hi mv,

As far as I am aware, no one has received their annual DLA uprating letters yet, so I would not read anything personal into you not receiving yours.

DLA along with other Sickness/Disability Benefits is not being increased 2016/17, although I would still expect to receive a letter confirming the rates from April 2016.

See : This Post in The Spotlight Area above the forum.

Although the heading is "Benefit and Pension Rates 2016 to 2017" those are the actual rates.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #150500 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic DLA Uprating letters
Thanks Bro

More
8 years 2 months ago #151087 by emswife
Replied by emswife on topic DLA Uprating letters
Not received mine either. Like you, I thought it was for the same reason. I wait anxiously every day expecting the dreaded brown envelope.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151101 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic DLA Uprating letters
I usually receive the D.L.A update beginning of March. B.t.w. the update for my pension credit, which usually arrives in January did not come until last week, in February.
Likewise, the anticipation of the arrival of these letters always a source of anxiety.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151104 by brigiepigeons
Replied by brigiepigeons on topic DLA Uprating letters
Yes I have

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.