× Members

Physial examanation

• Daffodil
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156381 by Daffodil
Physial examanation was created by Daffodil
Hello everyone,
Well the brown envelope finally arrived! It's been awhile since my assessment but I decided no news is good news & there is no point making myself more unwell by stressing over it.

Well their decision is I get to keep my entire award of High Rate Mobility & High Rate Care allowance but] only until January 2017, which I do find rather strange to give such a short award!

Can anyone shed any light on a possible reason for this? The only thing my husband & I can think of was the assessor asked about new treatments & I told her that my GP had asked how I felt about going back to my consultant & seeing if there is anything new now but due to my history with such severe side effects I did say that the likelihood of me taking any immunosuppressive meds is the same odds as me winning the lottery every week for the next year! The ones I have been on previously have left me with other permanent health issues that are not treatable so hence why I am not keen at all!

Does this also mean that another brown envelope may be dropping through my letter box in the not to distant future & I will have to start this awful stressful process once again :(

My husband tells me to not worry about it now as it is what it is & yes he is right but my health has got worse not better so as much as I got what I feel I am entitled to it does feel a bit bitter sweet at the same time.

I haven't had the assessor's report so is it worth me ringing again & asking for that as it has been a long time since my assessment.

Thank you & sorry for so many questions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Physial examanation
Daffodil

A somewhat muted congratulations given the length of the award but well done nonetheless.

It's likely that you will receive a new PIP2 about 20 weeks in advance of the award ending.

I'm afraid the DWP are ever hopeful of a claimants conditions improving, if you mentioned new treatment options then this is likely the reason why a short award has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daffodil

• Daffodil
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156423 by Daffodil
Replied by Daffodil on topic Physial examanation
Hello Gordon, thank you but today I am extremely confused! Another brown envelope has just arrived :S this one totally differs from the one I received yesterday! it states:

I have decided you're entitled to the Daily Living component of PIP at the Enhanced Rate from 11 May 2016 for an ongoing period.

I have decided you're entitled to the Mobility component of PIP at the Standard Rate from May 2016 for an ongoing period.

Preparing Food scored 4
Taking nutrition scored 2
Managing therapy 1
Washing & bathing score 2
Managing toilet needs score 2
Dressing & undressing score 2 Communicating verbally score 0
Reading & Understanding sings, symbols & words score 0
Engaging with other people face to face score 0
Making budgeting decisions score 0
total score for Daily Living Activities is 13 points

Mobility component
Planning & following journeys
Score 0
Moving around: You can stand & then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. This gives you a score of 10
This means your total score for Mobility activities is 10 points
So because I hug close to furniture & walls etc it means I am safe to walk! :huh:

It says I will now lose the tax disc which I know isn't a major blow & yes my money will reduce each month but I guess having it say my award is for an ongoing period should I be happier with this? What I will miss greatly is my blue badge, this gives us so much more freedom to get me out of the house, even a trip to the supermarket & I know it will restrict me now as I can't walk well as it is & getting in & out of a car is hard enough without being restricted to a tight parking space. I know the system totally sucks for the ones that are really suffering but as much as both these letters have thrown me & really makes me question who is actually in charge probably are load of unruly chimpanzees & how they can cause so much anxiety to many people that are suffering from a mental illness. Maybe I should just breath a sigh of relief for now at least, until they decide to stir things up again.

I would like to express my most heartfelt thanks to Gordon, Bro58 & Mrs Hurtyback & everyone else that has helped & guided me along this rather stressful journey into the unknown world of PIP.

If anyone can offer me any last words of advice on these two differing letters I would once again be most grateful. Don't give up everyone, it's not nice, not nice at all but if you are genuinely suffering then you must fight your case to get what you are entitled to.
Best of luck folks x

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156435 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Physial examanation
If you have the standard award for mobility you are now entitled to 50% off your road tax. You can apply for a blue badge via your local council.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156436 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Physial examanation
Daffodil

As you have two Decision Letters I think you need to contact the DWP to confirm which one actually applies. Even if today's letter has a later date on it than yesterdays it would still be worth checking.

You can still apply for a Blue Badge directly from your Local Authority, the rules they use are much closer to the old DLA ones than PIP. See

www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

Gordon

• Daffodil
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156448 by Daffodil
Replied by Daffodil on topic Physial examanation
Thanks Gordon, I will contact them, the first letter is dated 01/04/2016 & the PIP decision letter dated 11/04/2016.
The first one is the old standard DLA letter that they would send out to let you know what your entitlement is but of course with receiving this second one today it threw me so best get it checked out.
Thanks also for the link for the blue badge, I just had a look at that & did the questions & it says due to me scoring 10 points I will be able to keep it so at least that is something.

They sure do like to throw curve balls at us, as if we don't go through enough on a daily basis as it is :blink:

Oh thank you Mrs Hurtyback I was not aware of that

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.