× Members

Physial examanation

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156465 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Physial examanation
Daffodil

So the first letter was for DLA, that makes more sense.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daffodil
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156508 by Daffodil
Replied by Daffodil on topic Physial examanation
Yes Gordon it is, do you know of any reason for sending that one or what it means? I phoned on Friday but was just on hold & I can't afford to be stuck on hold for so long as I have to ring off my mobile, so I will try again on Monday.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156543 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Physial examanation

Daffodil wrote: Yes Gordon it is, do you know of any reason for sending that one or what it means? I phoned on Friday but was just on hold & I can't afford to be stuck on hold for so long as I have to ring off my mobile, so I will try again on Monday.

They extended it in case the Decision on your PIP claim took longer, your DLA had to remain in payment until four weeks after the PIP Decision was made.

Now that we know what the first letter was actually about there shouldn't be any need for you to ring the DWP. The PIP award will be the one going forward.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daffodil

• Daffodil
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156624 by Daffodil
Replied by Daffodil on topic Physial examanation
Hi Gordon, I wish I had checked back here this morning before i phoned them, you are very right the first letter was sent due to the fact the PIP decision had taken so long, it seems they are not coping too well with the volume of work they now have.It says on the PIP letter that they'll contact me after Feb 2026 , so as much as my award in one part has dropped for me it is a relief that for now this debacle is over.

Once again thank you all so much for your help, I really don't think I would have coped with all this if it wasn't for this wonderful site :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.