× Members

Advice please - benefits stopped without warning

More
8 years 2 months ago #150515 by k9feline
Can anybody give me some much needed help please.

I'm on ESA support group, just after Xmas I received the dreaded envelope with another WCA questionnaire to complete. I filled it out and returned it together with lots of very personal copy documents from various counsellors I have been seeing.

Today I have received letters from DWP - they have not received my paperwork and immediately stopped my benefit. I am still holding on the phone trying to get through to job centre plus - 25 minutes & counting so far.

My concerns are that I now have no income coming in and, worryingly, what has happened to the questionnaire and the enclosed documents - some of the information contained in them I would not want any Tom Dick or Harry knowing. Of course as the WCA also contains all my personal information in the wrong hands they could be used to steal my identity.

Please advise what I should do next; assuming I get through to JC+ they are not going to reinstate my benefit on the basis of my phone call.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150539 by foss27
Hi
I am assuming you did not send it recorded, we always advise this with claims.
You could call the post office and report it missing and ask them to investigate. Say its personal private and confidential information.
I bet the DWP got it and have lost it if you didn't send it recorded. Other members can confirm this.
You need to claim again immediately, saying you sent it in and it has got lost.
Can you get any evidence you sent it? Did you buy a stamp because it was too big to go as a standard letter? Did you do this at a Post Office?
You can appeal the stopping of your benefit. Go to your MP for help.
You could also try these people
www.turn2us.org.uk
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by foss27.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150557 by Gordon

k9feline wrote: Can anybody give me some much needed help please.

I'm on ESA support group, just after Xmas I received the dreaded envelope with another WCA questionnaire to complete. I filled it out and returned it together with lots of very personal copy documents from various counsellors I have been seeing.

Today I have received letters from DWP - they have not received my paperwork and immediately stopped my benefit. I am still holding on the phone trying to get through to job centre plus - 25 minutes & counting so far.

My concerns are that I now have no income coming in and, worryingly, what has happened to the questionnaire and the enclosed documents - some of the information contained in them I would not want any Tom Dick or Harry knowing. Of course as the WCA also contains all my personal information in the wrong hands they could be used to steal my identity.

Please advise what I should do next; assuming I get through to JC+ they are not going to reinstate my benefit on the basis of my phone call.

Do you have a copy of the ESA50 and evidence that you submitted?

If you do then send it to Maximus as soon as you can, if you have lost the address you can contact them via the following

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

You should also send a copy to the DWP office that has been dealing with your claim.

The Decision Maker has the power to open your claim again if they receive the completed ESA50 within a reasonable timescale.

If you did not keep copies then I'm afraid that you will have to start again from scratch, you should be able to back date a new claim to the day after your previous one was terminated.

However, as you have been found Fit for Work due to a technical failure, you will not be entitled to payment of the ESA Assessment rate for six months from the date your ESA was stopped or until you have attended an assessment, the only exceptions to this would be if you can show a new condition or that your existing conditions have deteriorated since you originally applied.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150579 by k9feline
Thanks Gordon & foss. No I did not send recorded delivery - I did on previous occasions but not this time.

I spent an hour on phone trying to get through to JC+ with no joy! I have copies of the relevant sections of the WCA that I needed to expand on & the enclosures, so could I send copies of those to Maximus or do I need to complete a whole new form?

I will attempt to phone JC+ again 8am tomorrow and will try to contact Royal Mail as well but I don't expect them to be particularly helpful.

I will let you know how I get on and whether I need any more assistance.

Thanks again

More
8 years 2 months ago #150580 by Gordon

k9feline wrote: Thanks Gordon & foss. No I did not send recorded delivery - I did on previous occasions but not this time.

I spent an hour on phone trying to get through to JC+ with no joy! I have copies of the relevant sections of the WCA that I needed to expand on & the enclosures, so could I send copies of those to Maximus or do I need to complete a whole new form?

I will attempt to phone JC+ again 8am tomorrow and will try to contact Royal Mail as well but I don't expect them to be particularly helpful.

I will let you know how I get on and whether I need any more assistance.

Thanks again

The critical factor here is how quickly you get the information to them, the longer it takes the less likely the DWP are to re-activate the claim, it may already be too late, but given the alternative, you have nothing to lose.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150585 by The Potter
Replied by The Potter on topic Advice please - benefits stopped without warning
I really feel for you having read this. I will lay a £ to a penny that the useless toerags have lost it. From experience over 25 years if you are submitting a fresh claim and supporting documents, send them Special Delivery, rather than Recorded Signed For. That way they can't turn round and say they didn't receive them. Although Special Delivery is more expensive, you can track receipt online and then have the peace of mind that it has arrived safely. I don't trust any civil servant or government office these days. Good luck with it all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: k9feline

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.