× Members

Got the Date for PIP Medical and am Terrified

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #153501 by Wendy
Replied by Wendy on topic Copy of PA4 Assessment Received
I received a copy of the PA4 assessment in the post today.

Oh boy, do they make assumptions!

It wasn't as bad as I thought though and even though she said she would recommend that I had a home visit next time due to my mental state, she hasn't put anything on the form, she's also suggested that I am reviewed in 3 years.

I don't know if DWP take all their information and recommendations into account but I guess I just have to wait for their decision now.

Thank you again for all your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #153502 by Wendy
One other thing, if I disagree with something that is on the form can I say anything?

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #153504 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Copy of PA4 Assessment Received

Wendy wrote: I received a copy of the PA4 assessment in the post today.

Oh boy, do they make assumptions!

It wasn't as bad as I thought though and even though she said she would recommend that I had a home visit next time due to my mental state, she hasn't put anything on the form, she's also suggested that I am reviewed in 3 years.

I don't know if DWP take all their information and recommendations into account but I guess I just have to wait for their decision now.

Thank you again for all your help

Hi W,

PIP Assessor, aka Dr/Nurse Assumption !!!!!! :angry:

bro58

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153505 by bro58

Wendy wrote: One other thing, if I disagree with something that is on the form can I say anything?

Hi W,

Why did you start a separate topic for this query !! :)

Now merged !

Yes, you can, but you may be best advised waiting for the Decision, as if you are happy with that, there is little point in you making any form of challenge.

Have read through the following generic PIP MR/Appeals advice, which hopefully you won't need !! :)

You have one month from the date of the PIP Decision Notice letter to make a written request for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the PIP decision.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

As you have The PA4, you can pose any counter arguments to the PIP Assessors recommendations.

e.g. If they are stating that you can carry out a particular PIP Activity, has it been taken into account that to be classed as being able to carry out a PIP Activity, you must be able to do so Reliably and Safely for The Majority of Days

If the Assessor has stated that they witnessed you Walking a set distance have they taken into account the above, the time it took you to do so, and any pain, discomfort and breathless, etc that you may have suffered whilst doing so ? etc, etc, etc !!

You should be aware that when you request an MR, any current PIP Awards, Daily Living and/or Mobility, that you might have, can be increased, reduced or taken away altogether, as they will look at the whole PIP Awards afresh.

Obviously if you have no current PIP Award, there is no risk involved.

See : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Once you have gone through The MR Process, if you are still unsuccessful, you have one month from the date of The MR Decision Notice Letter to appeal directly to The Tribunal Service. (TS)

You should do this using one copy of The MR Notice letter (keep the othercopy) and the : SSCS 1 Form (Download Link)

All this is explained in our PIP Appeals Guidance

The important issue at MR or Appeal would be to concentrate on reiterating how, where and why you should have scored the extra points with respect to the applicable PIP Activities and the appropriate scoring PIP Descriptor for that Activity, whilst cross-referencing to any medical evidence that you have, or may have already provided which indicates that you should have.

See also : PIP Self Test

PIP Points Scoring System

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #153514 by Wendy
I have no idea why I started a new topic :blush: I certainly didn't mean to, I am really sorry, it didn't actually make any sense either as it was connected to the previous reply I'd made.

I've got myself upset by the assumptions and am not thinking properly, that can be my only defence.

Thank you for your advice, my husband has come home now and told me to just forget I received it and wait for the actual letter from DWP to come in.

It's all in the hands of the person looking at my claim now.

Thanks again everyone.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153522 by Anxiety Plus
Replied by Anxiety Plus on topic Got the Date for PIP Medical and am Terrified
I have just sent my ESA50 back, I googled "typing an ESA50" and got straight to a PDF form that I filled out as my hands were shaking so much I could not write and had to type, and keep saving as I went in case I lost my work.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris