× Members

Got the Date for PIP Medical and am Terrified

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143912 by bro58

Wendy wrote: Thank you so much, my husband called this morning and I have got an extension for two weeks. He was told that I would get a warning letter that I hadn't sent in my form but there is an extension on my file.

He also asked about typing and was told that it could be typed on the form itself but not on additional sheets unless it is further information. My husband is allowed to fil it in for me and all I need to do is sign it.

I'm sure there will be lots more questions but in the meantime I just wanted to thank you for now.

Hi W,

Well done on getting the extension and thanks for the update ! :)

There is nothing to stop you typing your responses to the relevant questions on separate A4 sheets.

Many of our members have in the past and still do so.

You should head each separate sheet with your Name, DOB, Date and NI Number and number each separate A4 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, 4 of x, etc, etc, etc.

When you receive the PIP 2 through the post, you can simply write in the space provided for each particular question in the form, "See my response on separate added page number, 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, etc, etc." (or words to that affect)

You can then attach the added A4 pages to the PIP 2 Form.

The important issue is that you return the original PIP 2 Form attached to any added A4 pages, as this has a unique Barcode on it that ties it to your individual PIP claim.

See : Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

You should then be able to check on-line that your PIP 2 has been received and signed for.

As an added precaution, you could give it a few days after they receive it than give them a phone call to ensure that it is on your file.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150608 by Wendy
I received a letter this morning from ATOS saying I have an appointment on the 22nd February! I won't be able to go as my husband has a meeting planned and I am with a carer. I can't go without my husband.

Ever since the letter has arrived I have been in tears. I never manage very well at these medicals and always feel as if they are angry with me and that they think I am making things up. I am terrified, I suffer from severe depression and anxiety as well as having advanced osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia as well as other problems.

I don't know what to do, I obviously messed up my application form so I know I am going to mess this up. I was on DLA for life before and I know there are lots of others in the same position but I just don't know what to do.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150631 by bro58

Wendy wrote: I received a letter this morning from ATOS saying I have an appointment on the 22nd February! I won't be able to go as my husband has a meeting planned and I am with a carer. I can't go without my husband.

Ever since the letter has arrived I have been in tears. I never manage very well at these medicals and always feel as if they are angry with me and that they think I am making things up. I am terrified, I suffer from severe depression and anxiety as well as having advanced osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia as well as other problems.

I don't know what to do, I obviously messed up my application form so I know I am going to mess this up. I was on DLA for life before and I know there are lots of others in the same position but I just don't know what to do.

Hi W,

You are allowed to re-arrange once, so you need to contact ATOS, preferably by e-mail:

Contact Details Top Right of Page

Further, they cannot compel you to attend a Face to Face Assessment at a Centre that would take more than 90 minutes travel by Public Transport either way.

If you are to re-arrange you would need to ensure that you attended the 2nd appointment, otherwise you face the prospect of your file being returned to The DWP and your PIP Claim being disqualified.

Please keep us updated !

Once you have had time to read this response, I will merge it with your two previous PIP related topics.

Try and keep all other PIP related queries to the one topic as this helps Mods with continuity !

You can Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150651 by bro58
Topic Merged for continuity !

bro58

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #150681 by Wendy
Sorry, I didn't realise, I'm used to starting new threads on other forums :(

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150692 by bro58

Wendy wrote: Sorry, I didn't realise, I'm used to starting new threads on other forums :(

Hi W,

No problem !! :)

B&W does not operate like other forums !

Most of those are "chat forums" where all and anybody can make comments or offer advice even if that advice is not accurate.

Although, we don't mind other members providing input and relating their own personal experiences, there will always be a Mod offering advice on any of your queries.

Hence, if you keep all you related posts to the one topic, the Mods can see what queries you have made previously and what responses have been given.

This saves us time in that we don't have to search back through previous topics and it ensures that different Mods are not answering the same query twice.

It should also make it easy for you to refer back to !

Cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.