× Members

PIP Submission for Appeal

More
8 years 2 months ago #150691 by Michala
PIP Submission for Appeal was created by Michala
Hi,

It's been a while since I last logged in here because I have been writing my PIP appeal submissions, however, despite the advice regarding the length of the submission mine is incredibly lengthy. This is due to the medical report written by the HP being totally ridiculous, as it is full of lies and inaccuracies. I have pulled the report apart literally sentence by sentence and I am now at the stage regarding challenging the summary justification section and to be honest I am totally exhausted by the whole situation and hit a brick wall.

Meaning I have commented on everything the HP has written could someone please advise me on how best to word the 'challenging the summary justification' section, without having to repeat myself again and end up with double the size of the document.

What annoys me also is the HP had the audacity to say that my award would remain the same (DLA high rate care and mobility) and due to the content of her report my award for PIP was low rate care only.

Thanks in advance,

Michala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150695 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP Submission for Appeal
Hi MIchala

If you go to the 'Members only' guides and then to PIP appeals, there's a heading
'Best possible ways to challenge a PIP medical report'.

If you read through this, it will give you all the answers you need. It should tell you if your approach to 'dissecting' the medical report is on the right track, and also probably lead you in the right direction in wording your challenge to the summary justification.

Sorry it's being so difficult for you, and good luck.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150714 by Michala
Replied by Michala on topic PIP Submission for Appeal
Thanks Shelam,

I have used that document and totally dissected the medical report but the thought of having to repeat myself for that part feels like a waste of energy. I appreciate that it is a very important part so obviously, that is what I'll have to do.

Michala

More
8 years 2 months ago #150718 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Submission for Appeal

Michala wrote: Thanks Shelam,

I have used that document and totally dissected the medical report but the thought of having to repeat myself for that part feels like a waste of energy. I appreciate that it is a very important part so obviously, that is what I'll have to do.

Michala

Unfortunately benefit claims are all about crossing the "T"s and dotting the "I"s and this often means repeating content as you cannot assume that an issue in one area will also mean an issue in another.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michala

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.