× Members

Sending ESA50 form by recorded delivery on a Frida

More
8 years 2 months ago #151092 by anniekim
If an ESA50 form is late, do Maximus/health assessment service immediately pass on your case to DWP to decide if they will accept the late claim or can Maximus use their own discretion in the first week of so if the form is a bit late and continue with the process, arranging a face to face assessment if required etc...? Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151093 by anniekim
If the decision maker at DWP accepts the reasons for a form being late, how does the process work do they send the ESA 50 form back to Maximus to resume the process? You don't have to send another one in? Many thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #151094 by anniekim
If I send an ESA 50 form next day recorded delivery on a Friday, what will happen to it as I presume on a Saturday the office is closed? Many thanks

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151105 by bro58
Hi A,

Please do not make several different topics on what is basically the same subject, ESA !

I have therefore merged your 3 related topics into one, and request that you post any further ESA related queries to this topic.

I will try to answer your 3 posts in this one response.

"If I send an ESA 50 form next day recorded delivery on a Friday, what will happen to it as I presume on a Saturday the office is closed?"

If there was anyone at the delivery address to sign for the ESA50 envelope, they would do so, if not it would be delivered and signed for on the following Monday.

If a deadline return date falls on a non-working day, the deadline should be extended to close of business on the next working day.

"If the decision maker at DWP accepts the reasons for a form being late, how does the process work do they send the ESA 50 form back to Maximus to resume the process? You don't have to send another one in?"

Yes, if The DWP ESA DM accepts that you had "Good Cause" for not returning your ESA50 within the deadline, they would re-refer you back to Maximus who would continue with the process. They can request that you attend a face to face whether they have your ESA50 or not !!

"If an ESA50 form is late, do Maximus/health assessment service immediately pass on your case to DWP to decide if they will accept the late claim or can Maximus use their own discretion in the first week of so if the form is a bit late and continue with the process, arranging a face to face assessment if required etc...?"

I don't know how much discretion Maximus have, but I would work on the premise that they return your file to The DWP pretty quickly after the deadline date.

We always advise that it is far better to return an ESA50 by the deadline date even if it is not finished. Include a covering letter explaining that you have not been able to complete it, and keep a note of the return address on the pre-paid return envelope.

Then complete the missing bits ASAP, and post that back to the return address ASAP with another covering letter stating that you wish this extra evidence to be taken into account along with The ESA50.

Then if you are called for a face to face also take copy of the extra late evidence with you and hand it to The Assessor before the assessment begins.

Trying to show "Good Cause" for non or late return of your ESA50 can be most difficult, and in the mean time your ESA payments may have been stopped.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151292 by anniekim
Many thanks for ur helpful replies and apologies for doing multiple posts. Am bedridden and have terrible concentration so kept thinking of more questions. I will stick to this one thread from now on if I have any further questions on my ESA application. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.