× Members

ATOS PIP Centre in Oxford?

• Meg91
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151111 by Meg91
ATOS PIP Centre in Oxford? was created by Meg91
Does anyone have experience of the Oxford ATOS PIP Consultation Centre? It is not on the published ATOS list but it does exist – it’s at 40 Cowley Road, OX4 1HZ, with an official plate on the window. ATOS were granted change of use (it used to be a Post Office) by Oxford Planning Authority in February 2015.
My daughter was given an appointment in Reading and asked if she could be seen in Oxford as it is on a direct bus route from her house and 5 minutes walk from where she works. The appointment was cancelled at 24 hours notice because they didn’t have anyone to assess her and they didn’t have any other available appointments in Oxford.
After to-ing and fro-ing with the DWP she has now been given another appointment in Reading, at 9am which she can’t get to by public transport as it’s too early and she doesn’t drive. She has asked again for an appointment in Oxford and has been told that there are no available appointments, but that she could try phoning again to see if there had been a cancellation.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151127 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS PIP Centre in Oxford?
Hi Meg and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It may be that one of our members has knowledge of the Oxford site, I'm sure they will comment if they see this.

Just one word of warning for your daughter - claimants are usually allowed only 1 change of appointment for face2face assessment. If they do not attend the 2nd appointment they run the risk of their file being returned to DWP and their case being closed.

If you have further questions or comments on this issue please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You might want to bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now, then you will find it easily in future :)

Edited to add - thanks Meg, I have now seen your follow-up message about Oxford being listed as east England. I will let this one stand as the information might be helpful to someone else.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.