× Members

Severe Disability Premuim and Living 'Alone'

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151220 by dragonfly
Hi,
I'm so pleased that I've been awarded PIP at the enhanced rate for Daily Living!

I'm in the Assessment phase of ESA and had my face to face assessment but am still waiting for the result.

I've been sent a claim form for Severe Disability Premium and I know that my entitlement depends on me living alone and not having a carer.

My living situation is complicated by the fact that I am in the middle of a divorce and still living in the same house as my husband as I can't afford to move out. Obviously, we don't live together as a couple.

Should I declare that I live alone on the form or should I attach a note explaining the situation?

Also, we are joint mortgage holders and one section asks about this and whether we are related, not sure how to fill this part in.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151265 by Gordon
Bea

From your post, you are not living alone at the moment, however, the DWP can still decide that you are depending on your circumstances, so you must tell them that your husband is still living in the house.

As to mortgage, explain the situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dragonfly

More
8 years 2 months ago #151267 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Severe Disability Premuim and Living 'Alone'
Hi Bea, I am so glad that you have been awarded PIP! Here's hoping that you do not have to wait much longer for a positive ESA decision.

I can understand why you are a little unsure regarding the premiums, your situation is complicated. I think the best thing you can do is explain things fully to DWP and let them make up their mind. Premiums are payable only to those receiving any Income-related ESA, in entirety or top-up.

ESA Premiums

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dragonfly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.