× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #160017 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
OK I think I've nearly finished the submission with help from a welfare person and family. Should I mention who I got the support from or just I have had support with writing it.What do you think?

So, when I get this 'bundle' I can then check through and change it if needed and then sent my submission off.. Do I then assume the tribunal people will all have seen it, or do I need to take some more copies for the actual day?

Thanks so much for your help. The welfare chap commented on how fab you are at Benefits and Work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #160041 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: OK I think I've nearly finished the submission with help from a welfare person and family. Should I mention who I got the support from or just I have had support with writing it.What do you think?

So, when I get this 'bundle' I can then check through and change it if needed and then sent my submission off.. Do I then assume the tribunal people will all have seen it, or do I need to take some more copies for the actual day?

Thanks so much for your help. The welfare chap commented on how fab you are at Benefits and Work.

You send you submission to the Tribunal Service, the acceptance letter will have a reference number to quote and where to send it to, they will then copy your information and it will be sent to all concerned parties in advance of the hearing. There should be no need for you take additional copies on the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #160195 by Orangeblossom
My welfare chap is telling me to send the submission we have done now, but i want to wait for the DWP response first. He says we can always send an addition of we need to. Not sure what to do.

Also, when I send things to the tribunals place, can i ask them please to send an acknowledgement they've received it? Or do they do that anyway? Thanks

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #160217 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: My welfare chap is telling me to send the submission we have done now, but i want to wait for the DWP response first. He says we can always send an addition of we need to. Not sure what to do.

Also, when I send things to the tribunals place, can i ask them please to send an acknowledgement they've received it? Or do they do that anyway? Thanks

I am surprised that the welfare "chap" is advising this, there is no advantage to sending in the submission now and you may actually disadvantage yourself if you have to supply additional content because of something in the DWP one.

Everything you submit to the Tribunal Service will be copied back to you (and also the DWP and members of the panel). So you should end up with a pile of documents starting with the DWP submission and followed by yours, it's this that you should take to the hearing as it will be numbered and if anybody on the panel, or indeed yourself needs to refer to a particular page, it will be these numbers that will need to be used.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #160244 by Orangeblossom
OK, thanks. I am going to just wait for their submission and then send in mine.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #160249 by Orangeblossom
I think it might be about this (from the appeals guide on this site)

"If you do wish to provide a written submission once you have read the decision maker’s submission, strictly speaking you are required to do so within one month of the date on the decision maker’s letter. However, at the moment tribunals seem willing to exercise their discretion to accept late submissions. There may be an issue if the DWP has not had a chance to consider them or a Presenting Officer, if there is one, has not seen any new papers yet."

Can you clarify what this means, please. Do I need to submit it within a month of the MR, is that what it is saying? I'm a bit confused. It also says about the submission being 'no more than 2 sides of A4' is that a rule, or guidance? (as mine is about 6 pages)

Many thanks for your patience

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.