× Members

appeal

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151336 by chevvy64
appeal was created by chevvy64
Hello.....Iv been awarded standard care and standard mobility this is what I'm challenging .Iv always received high rate dla..I had a reconsideration even with glaring inaccuracies on report eg: assessor put conditions on report that I don't even suffer from and this has overlooked and im having to appeal Iv have now received the paper response from tribunal which has the DWP response ...I'm wore out I seem to be being penalised for not being on the medication that my conditions should need because I'm intolerant to majority so my go and pain clinic have said I can't try anymore also I have run out of up to date evidence Iv said how long am I supposed to bother consultants when nothing can be done for me..,?
Anyone else have this problem ....I know I have a payment but the standard mobility no where near covers my issues , my report is so assuming and so inaccurate ...will tribunal see this?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151363 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic appeal
Hi Chevvy and welcome to the forum. This link should help you find your way around the site.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The bad news is that PIP was deliberately designed to save money. This means that some people who were, quite properly, awarded certain levels of DLA will find that they, also quite properly, do not qualify for PIP, or qualify for a lower award :(

The good news is that the Tribunal Service is an independent body, in no way connected to DWP, and they will look at your claim from scratch :)

If you did not use our PIP guide when you filled in the PIP form, I suggest that you have a good read now as it will help you phrase your appeal submission in terms that match the PIP descriptors. Rather like ESA, PIP will only be awarded if you score a certain amount of points on specific descriptors. This can catch out people who have been on DLA and were used to documenting what help they need. The guide also has a section at the back dealing with the appeal process.

PIP help for claimants

If/when you have further questions regarding your PIP appeal, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. If you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now you will find it easily in future. Thank you in anticipation of your co-operation in keeping all your PIP appeal messages in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.