× Members

work focus interview

More
8 years 2 months ago #151815 by deanrxs
work focus interview was created by deanrxs
I recieve carers allowance for looking after my partner who recieves Higher rate DLA and lower rate mobility still waiting on PIP
The other day i got a letter saying i need to attend a work focus interview next tueday why do i need to attend this when the dwp know im down as my partners carer.how do they expect me to go to work when have full time job looking after partner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151836 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic work focus interview

deanrxs wrote: I recieve carers allowance for looking after my partner who recieves Higher rate DLA and lower rate mobility still waiting on PIP
The other day i got a letter saying i need to attend a work focus interview next tueday why do i need to attend this when the dwp know im down as my partners carer.how do they expect me to go to work when have full time job looking after partner.

I'm afraid being a carer and in particular, receiving CA does not exempt you from attending WFIs.

Either you or your partner must be receiving an Income Related benefit such as Income Support or ESA(IR) for a WFI to have been required!

These interviews are simply a tick box exercise, they cannot require you take any action such as working or attending courses, however, if you do not attend they can sanction the benefit that has generated the WFI.

You can try and get it deferred if your attending would have an impact on the person being cared for or the interview can be held over the phone, contact the JC+ advisor to try and arrange this if applicable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deanrxs

More
8 years 1 month ago #152192 by deanrxs
Replied by deanrxs on topic work focus interview
For some strange reason my partner who recieves DLA higher rate care and lower rate mobility has just got a work focus interview letter though the door how is this possible is it a mistake from DWP does she have to attend

More
8 years 1 month ago #152227 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic work focus interview

deanrxs wrote: For some strange reason my partner who recieves DLA higher rate care and lower rate mobility has just got a work focus interview letter though the door how is this possible is it a mistake from DWP does she have to attend

As previously advised it will depend on what other benefits you are receiving. For example, for Income Support both the person claiming and their partner can be invited to a WFI.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.