× Members

Oh ATOS how I do hate thee...

More
8 years 2 months ago #151854 by Faery
Oh ATOS how I do hate thee... was created by Faery
Went from Norwich to Sheffield yesterday for my son's assessment today, because Scoliosis, Hypermobility and Autism all get better, don't they! As his representative I had to be there and the University can't support him in that situation. (They're really good at all the other support though). Cost me Eighty quid in fares, cost me more in parking, and the cost of a B&B. Half nine this morning they cancelled. He's in absolute pieces. Oh, and two other things, they apparently can't make appointments any more than a week ahead (I don't believe this) and because it's at his flat, we can't claim my expenses and I have to do this all again in two weeks time despite being on benefits. Where on earth do they think I'm going to magic the money from.
Sorry, just a vent and a warning. Grrrr!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151875 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Oh ATOS how I do hate thee...

Faery wrote: Went from Norwich to Sheffield yesterday for my son's assessment today, because Scoliosis, Hypermobility and Autism all get better, don't they! As his representative I had to be there and the University can't support him in that situation. (They're really good at all the other support though). Cost me Eighty quid in fares, cost me more in parking, and the cost of a B&B. Half nine this morning they cancelled. He's in absolute pieces. Oh, and two other things, they apparently can't make appointments any more than a week ahead (I don't believe this) and because it's at his flat, we can't claim my expenses and I have to do this all again in two weeks time despite being on benefits. Where on earth do they think I'm going to magic the money from.
Sorry, just a vent and a warning. Grrrr!

We're seeing a lot of cancellations at the moment, both Assessment Providers over book because they know there will be drop outs on the day, but it leaves them very vulnerable when there own staff phone in sick.

What you were told about a new booking was completely wrong, both APs book appointments three weeks in advance. Claimants are legally entitled to seven days written notice of an appointment, so the suggestion that appointments are only available a week in advance is clearly illegal, the exception being if the claimant accepts a short notice appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151876 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Oh ATOS how I do hate thee...
Hi F,

Again, the AP has behaved terribly !!

I would strongly advise you to complain to your M.P., as this type of thing is happening all too often !!

Contacting your MP

You could also complain to The AP !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris