× Members

ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?

• Shaun Nicholls
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #145427 by Shaun Nicholls
ATOS home assessment - How to prepare? was created by Shaun Nicholls
Hi, I had a letter last month saying my DLA would cease on the 30th Novemeber 2015 and was invited to claim PIP with a 5th December deadline. I've sent my PIP forms off, but does that mean I'll now lose my DLA untill PIP is decided and if it's awarded I'll get a back-dated payment? Or will my DLA continue untill a PIP decision has been made?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #145429 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
You will continue to get your DLA payments as long as you claim PIP until your PIP claim is decided.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145471 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the basis that you are also new to the site this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It appears that your real name is visible on the forum. Many people prefer to use an alias in order to maintain a degree of anonymity. If you wish to change your username you can do so by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As Foss says, as long as you conform to the timescales given, your DLA will remain in payment until 4 weeks after the PIP decision, whatever that is.

If you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You might wish to bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now so that you find it easily in future :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaun Nicholls

• Shaun Nicholls
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151544 by Shaun Nicholls
Replied by Shaun Nicholls on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
I've just received my medical assessment date for DLA>PiP and ATOS have totally ignored the fact I asked for a home assessement on more than one occassion as I'm agoraphobic and struggle to go out. I'm going to ring them tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I stand.

Cheers

More
8 years 2 months ago #151546 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?

ShaunIOW wrote: I've just received my medical assessment date for DLA>PiP and ATOS have totally ignored the fact I asked for a home assessement on more than one occassion as I'm agoraphobic and struggle to go out. I'm going to ring them tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I stand.

Cheers

Have you supplied a letter from your GP explaining why you are unable to attend at their offices?

Also, if you have given any indication in or with your PIP2 form that you can leave the house, for example to go to your doctor, then you will struggle to get a home assessment even with a letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Shaun Nicholls
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151548 by Shaun Nicholls
Replied by Shaun Nicholls on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
No i haven't got a letter from my GP, but I did explain on my PiP form that going out was extremally difficult and that my GP visits me at home as does the district nurse for blood tests and the chemists to deliver my medication. I did mention I can go out as long as I'm with someone I trust, can go direct from A to B and make the decision whether to go out on the day so cannot attend appointments - which is obviously not possible with a PiP assessment, also the car park is a long way from the assessment centre, which is on a busy road with no parking.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.