× Members

HELP Pip

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151884 by Colin
HELP Pip was created by Colin
Hello do you think I could ask for advice my husband has kidney faliure heart faliure last year he had a triple bypass calciplhaxisis and has applied for pip
We were awarded the enhanced living component and the standard mobility component until he retires he 57 and on long term sick with his company sick pension so he does not receive esa

Just as we were awarded those his calciplhaxisis reared it's ugly head and mobility became very difficult less than the 50 meter required so we phoned them and they said we needed to tell them a circumstance of change

So we refilled in forms telling them that he could not walk far that was 16 weeks ago to date we heard nothing other than getting his monthly payment

We had a letter today he need a ATOS home visit after reading everyone's comments I more scared than before we have supporting evidence he does home hemodailsis every day for 3 hrs a day 6 days a week he suffers numerous problems in fact he had another heart attack three weeks ago he has anemia has epo injections he is on huge pain patches can any one offer me some advice I'm scared witless if they take our benefit we will not survive we struggle now I'm about to give up the reason he has kidney faliure is a consultant mucked up !
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151887 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic HELP Pip
Hi and welcome to the forum.On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It is the claimant's responsibility to prove worsening of condition, so I'm not surprised that your husband has been advised that he needs a face2face assessment.

You should remember that PIP is awarded because of limitations caused by illness/disability rather than the condition itself. You should also be aware that the distance requirement for enhanced mobility award is 20m, not 50 as you stated. However, that distance must be walked reliably, safely and in a timely manner, so all is not lost if your husband can physically put one foot in front of the other for this distance, or more. Points can also be scored for the 'going out' descriptor which deals with mental illness and cognitive impairment.

I suggest you have a read of our PIP guide if you have not already done so. This also tells you what to expect from the face2face assessment.

PIP help for claimants

If/when you have further questions about the PIP claim please reply to this message and we will do our best to answer. It helps us - and you - if everything on the same topic is kept in one place. If you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now you should find it easily in future.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation in keeping all questions/comments relating to your husband's PIP claim here :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151923 by Colin
Replied by Colin on topic HELP Pip
Thankyou for your Help . What kind thing happens at these face face does anyone know will Colins daylsis nurse be allowed to be here I'm petrefied .

I wish we could phone them and tell them that we don't need pip .

What sort of things are they looking for ? From all accounts to catch us out !

I suffer from anxiety and depression and I just want to run and hide !

Do I dayialise Colin before they come after they have been I'm so frightened by all accounts they can give you less that what you already have that just makes me want to phone and say can manage even though we are struggling to get through every day

We never wanted to be in this place I don't know any one who chooses this kind of stress rather than work be proud to be a part of the world to have a place in society where you matter
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago #151940 by
Replied by on topic HELP Pip

Colin wrote: Thankyou for your Help . What kind thing happens at these face face does anyone know will Colins daylsis nurse be allowed to be here I'm petrefied .

I wish we could phone them and tell them that we don't need pip .

What sort of things are they looking for ? From all accounts to catch us out !

I suffer from anxiety and depression and I just want to run and hide !

Do I dayialise Colin before they come after they have been I'm so frightened by all accounts they can give you less that what you already have that just makes me want to phone and say can manage even though we are struggling to get through every day

We never wanted to be in this place I don't know any one who chooses this kind of stress rather than work be proud to be a part of the world to have a place in society where you matter

Hi C,

Try not to worry !! :)

We have not received much negative feedback regarding Home Assessments other than the Assessor being late, early or not turning up at all !

ATOS are most reluctant to carry out Home Assessments so the fact that they have agreed to one should be seen as a positive !! :)

There should be no reason why The Dialysis Nurse cannot be present if that would be the norm, and you should consult her/him as to when Colin's Dialysis should take place, his health should be paramount !!

You can read how a PIP F2F should be carried out from around page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You could also read through the latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015 and gives guidance on how the Assessor should carry out the PIP Assessment.

You can choose the room where you wish the Assessment to take place, and the Assessor should not want to look around your home.

You may of course want to point out any Aids or Adaptations that he need to use to carry out any Activities that may be in another room.

You can have someone else present, and they can take notes.

Good luck and please return to let us know how it went !! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151980 by Colin
Replied by Colin on topic HELP Pip
Thankyou Bro 58 for all your help it's says in my letter between 9 _11 I know these assessors are only trying to pay bills like the rest of us its just after so many stories we are terrified they will not write an honest report do I offer them a cup of tea or is that seen as a bribe .

I

8 years 2 months ago #151989 by
Replied by on topic HELP Pip

Colin wrote: Thankyou Bro 58 for all your help it's says in my letter between 9 _11 I know these assessors are only trying to pay bills like the rest of us its just after so many stories we are terrified they will not write an honest report do I offer them a cup of tea or is that seen as a bribe .
I

Hi C,

Personally I would not offer them anything !! :evil:

I have little or no respect for them whatsoever, and would only treat them with the minimum level of acceptable courtesy !! :evil:

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.