× Members

esa reassessment - query re new forms

More
8 years 2 months ago #151818 by norman21
esa reassessment - query re new forms was created by norman21
Hi

like others rotten reassessment arrived today :(

getting lots of medical evidence ready

one query - i was thinking of including copy of pip award made last year (standard care)
is this helpful ?- they flagged up i need 'support' for further assessments and i also wondered if it would be helpful to show where they awarded me points as some things overlap- ie points for some needing someone with me going out etc ( i probably could have gotten more than standard i feel - but could not face fighting them further ) but would sending this help or make them think as i only just got standard i am not that bad

i know the descriptors are different and need to send much more medical evidence too which i am currently going through anyway

thanks for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151823 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa reassessment - query re new forms

norman21 wrote: Hi

like others rotten reassessment arrived today :(

getting lots of medical evidence ready

one query - i was thinking of including copy of pip award made last year (standard care)
is this helpful ?- they flagged up i need 'support' for further assessments and i also wondered if it would be helpful to show where they awarded me points as some things overlap- ie points for some needing someone with me going out etc ( i probably could have gotten more than standard i feel - but could not face fighting them further ) but would sending this help or make them think as i only just got standard i am not that bad

i know the descriptors are different and need to send much more medical evidence too which i am currently going through anyway

thanks for any advice

There should be no problems with you doing this, but you do need to relate the report to the applicable ESA activities, as relevant, on your ESA50.

Also be aware of the discrepancies in the criteria, for example; PIP is a walking test whereas ESA looks at your mobility, see the ESA Claim guides for an explanation of this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: norman21

More
8 years 2 months ago #151907 by norman21
Replied by norman21 on topic esa reassessment - query re new forms
HI again

hope ok to ask something else

just going through the new esa 50 - the form is so small !
cant even imagine how i will even put in all my medical info - for example i am on about 15 regular meds which will not fit anywhere close in the space allowed

my question is - if i type up extra pages to add -- will that make me look bad that i am able to
type ? is it better to hand write up extra pages - think i will need to write ten or more pages at least - i think i had to write up about 7 or 8 pages for pip and that gave lots of room for info

any ideas - my handwriting is not that great and messy and use predictive text so find typing easier - would it be better to say i used that to help type it up

thank you in advance

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151922 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa reassessment - query re new forms

norman21 wrote: HI again

hope ok to ask something else

just going through the new esa 50 - the form is so small !
cant even imagine how i will even put in all my medical info - for example i am on about 15 regular meds which will not fit anywhere close in the space allowed

my question is - if i type up extra pages to add -- will that make me look bad that i am able to
type ? is it better to hand write up extra pages - think i will need to write ten or more pages at least - i think i had to write up about 7 or 8 pages for pip and that gave lots of room for info

any ideas - my handwriting is not that great and messy and use predictive text so find typing easier - would it be better to say i used that to help type it up

thank you in advance

Hi n21,

I notice that you have another ESA related topic which I will merge with this one for continuity !!

Please keep all future ESA related queries to this topic.

Yes, The ESA50 text boxes are quite small, even in The PDF ESA50 they have limited the amount of text that you can type into the text boxes.

You can simply write in the text box please see my response to this question on added A4 page 1 of xx, 2 of xx, etc, etc, then type your response on extra A4 pages and attach the added A4 pages to the back of The ESA 50 with : Treasury Tags or something similar.

Ensure that you put your name, DOB, and National Insurance Number at the top of any added A4 pages, it is also best to number each added page 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, etc.

Or you could use The PDF ESA50 as suggested in the FAQ below :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (aka CHDA, aka HAAS.)

You could also type up an "Index to Contents" page giving a brief description of the information contained on the added pages and attach the Index to the front of the form.

You might find : This Post helpful as well !!

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151943 by norman21
Replied by norman21 on topic esa reassessment - query re new forms
sorry about not keeping together - stressed out !!
didn't want to make more work for you i do appreciate your advice i would be lost without this site
i will keep any more posts together

thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris