× Members

PIP medical

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150014 by BOB
PIP medical was created by BOB
Hi I'm putting in for pip i am 63 if i get it how long will it go on for ?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150031 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP medical

BOB wrote: Hi I'm putting in for pip i am 63 if i get it how long will it go on for ?

Hi B,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

I have changed your post to lower case, as posting in block capitals causes problems for other members viewing your post who have sight problems and therefore use software to help them read.

The length of a PIP Award is variable !

They can vary from 1, 2, 3 to 5 or 10 year awards, dependent on your medical conditions and resulting limitations and whether they are likely to improve.

As you will see from : This Topic

PIP recipients are receiving their PIP renewal forms one year before the end date of the fixed term PIP Award.

Further, PIP Legislation allows The DWP to review a current PIP Award at any time for any reason.

There are what are known as "Ongoing Awards" which are the nearest equivalent yo the old DLA Life or Indefinite Awards, but at this time we have only seen a few of these.

The average award lengths at the moment seem to be 2 to 5 years.

This is explained in our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

See also : How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

&

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151833 by BOB
Replied by BOB on topic PIP medical
Hi just received my form from PIP I sent off before Christmas I asked for it back because could not remember what I'd put on it it looks like I have not put on half I should have got assessment tommorrw if take form with me and add things to tell them
do you think this will help the things I need to add are a bit personal I asked for a male assesser but was told don't have one in my area ? Just want it over with now .

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151842 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP medical

BOB wrote: Hi just received my form from PIP I sent off before Christmas I asked for it back because could not remember what I'd put on it it looks like I have not put on half I should have got assessment tommorrw if take form with me and add things to tell them
do you think this will help the things I need to add are a bit personal I asked for a male assesser but was told don't have one in my area ? Just want it over with now .

You can add more content but it really needs to be in writing otherwise the information may not make it through to the Decision Maker.

As time is short I would start by making a list of the issues and then go back over it to try and add more detail, keep doing this until you have detailed the additional information sufficiently or you run out of time or energy. Take a copy to the assessment and ask the assessor to read it before they continue with the interview.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151848 by BOB
Il do that thanks for your help .

More
8 years 2 months ago #151920 by BOB
Hi had my assessment today 50 min was asked how I got there names of doctores what medication I was on what condiditions I had what was my house like banking arrangements and had a small medical ? No questions on the form is that normal ?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris