× Members

DLA after 65

More
8 years 2 months ago #151982 by ruth
DLA after 65 was created by ruth
My husband was awarded DLA indefinitely several years ago at the higher rate for care and mobility. He will soon be 65 and we have not heard anything about migrating to PIP.

If he is still on DLA after 65 will he then have to transfer to attendance allowance as I gather PIP is only for people age 16-64.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151992 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA after 65

ruth wrote: My husband was awarded DLA indefinitely several years ago at the higher rate for care and mobility. He will soon be 65 and we have not heard anything about migrating to PIP.

If he is still on DLA after 65 will he then have to transfer to attendance allowance as I gather PIP is only for people age 16-64.?

Hi r,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

The important issue is whether he was under 65 on 08/04/13 !!

If he was, he will be invited to transfer to PIP at sometime over the next 2-3 years even if he is over 65 at the time !!

If he is awarded PIP on transfer from DLA, he will continue to receive PIP for as long as he continues to fulfil the PIP qualifying criteria.

See : This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.