× Members

ESA contribution based SG reassessed 5 months

• lynnmattimoe@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #152025 by lynnmattimoe@gmail.com
ESA contribution based SG reassessed 5 months was created by lynnmattimoe@gmail.com
Please can anyone advise. I initially applied for ESA contribution based in November 2015 and 2 half weeks ago got a letter stated I'd been placed in support group from 25/2/16. I rang DWP to ask the term and was abruptly told end of July 2016. I wrongly thought it was for 365 days however Facebook posts disability solutions UK say this is the wrag group. I'm so stressed, not even 5 months in support group. I will receive the form to reapply in May and haven't even received the highest payment just still the assessment phase amount of 73.10week. I rang DWP to complain and they said Maximus decided on the review period. I've also just been awarded recently enhanced mobility pip until December 2018. Not sure what to do, complain through my MP which I did previously. Any suggestions appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152026 by Gordon

Lynn M wrote: Please can anyone advise. I initially applied for ESA contribution based in November 2015 and 2 half weeks ago got a letter stated I'd been placed in support group from 25/2/16. I rang DWP to ask the term and was abruptly told end of July 2016. I wrongly thought it was for 365 days however Facebook posts disability solutions UK say this is the wrag group. I'm so stressed, not even 5 months in support group. I will receive the form to reapply in May and haven't even received the highest payment just still the assessment phase amount of 73.10week. I rang DWP to complain and they said Maximus decided on the review period. I've also just been awarded recently enhanced mobility pip until December 2018. Not sure what to do, complain through my MP which I did previously. Any suggestions appreciated.

Unfortunately, the length of an ESA award is not included in the Decision and is therefore not something that can be contested.

That said, a three month award for the Support Group would be very unusual, the usual minimum would be six months and even that is rare.

It might be worth your ringing again, it's not unknown for the Call Centre staff to have no idea what they are talking about, but if they say the same then I'm afraid you should expect a new ESA50 quite soon.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lynnmattimoe@gmail.com

• lynnmattimoe@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #152030 by lynnmattimoe@gmail.com
Replied by lynnmattimoe@gmail.com on topic ESA contribution based SG reassessed 5 months
Is there anything I can do like write to Maximus which I've done previously as I complained with the support of my MP as my situation is unchanged and send them them pip award evidence or just send in the same esa 50 and at any further evidence to this. I'm so mixed up as I thought I was okay for a year. I've never claimed a benefit in my life, worked all my life as a nurse and wish I knew how to go on to avoid the anxiety and further stress.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152032 by Gordon

Lynn M wrote: Is there anything I can do like write to Maximus which I've done previously as I complained with the support of my MP as my situation is unchanged and send them them pip award evidence or just send in the same esa 50 and at any further evidence to this. I'm so mixed up as I thought I was okay for a year. I've never claimed a benefit in my life, worked all my life as a nurse and wish I knew how to go on to avoid the anxiety and further stress.

Although the prognosis is used to set the re-assessment date, the decision to initiate an assessment is made by the DWP so I'm not sure there is any point your contacting Maximus again. You can try involving your MP, as the date is not part of the Decision it is an area that they can contact the DWP about.

I would still ring again, just in case the information you have been given is wrong.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lynnmattimoe@gmail.com

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.