× Members

DLA to pip - notification of home visit by ATOS

More
8 years 2 months ago #153142 by Gordon

Herts wrote: Should I wait for the decision before asking for a copy of the report ?

You can ask now, some offices won't send the report until a Decision has been made, but most do send it out. The request can be made over the phone but I would follow it up in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mossy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153159 by Mossy
Thank you Gordon , do I just ring he office on the form and does the ATOS report have a special name ?

More
8 years 2 months ago #153167 by Mossy
Sorry one more question

When the nurse visited today for my ATOS visit she said in her opinion rather than my consultant neurologist of rheumatologist my medicines needed changing ! Is this within her remit and can she use that opinion on the medical form to say ' if my medicines were different my quality of life would be improved ' ? Or along those lines

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153182 by bro58

Herts wrote: Sorry one more question

When the nurse visited today for my ATOS visit she said in her opinion rather than my consultant neurologist of rheumatologist my medicines needed changing ! Is this within her remit and can she use that opinion on the medical form to say ' if my medicines were different my quality of life would be improved ' ? Or along those lines

Hi H,

ATOS Assessors often contradict other "Proper" treating HCP's reports and letters of support, stating that the supporting HCP's are not qualified in "Disability Analysis" where as they are !!!

These Assessors are not supposed to have any input into your medical treatment nor the prescribing of medication, etc, and even with a "Proper" Nurse, not all of them are qualified to diagnose or treat certain medical conditions, nor prescribe medication.

This is why some "Proper" Nurses are also qualified Nurse Practitioners

If what you have quoted them as saying was included in the PIP PA4 Medical Report which they will have compiled when you obtain copy of it, I would be inclined to challenge that along with any other discrepancies.

You could give it a week or so then contact PIP for an update and whilst on the phone you could also request a copy of The PA4 :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153399 by Mossy
I've been sitting here these past couple of days both disgusted and shell shocked at the woman that came round to do my ATOS assessment , not a surprise to a lot of people I'm sure .

My question is does anyone very complain about them ,is there any point, is it too much aggravation to do so and will it effect my claim ?

Many thanks

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #153406 by bro58

Herts wrote: I've been sitting here these past couple of days both disgusted and shell shocked at the woman that came round to do my ATOS assessment , not a surprise to a lot of people I'm sure .

My question is does anyone very complain about them ,is there any point, is it too much aggravation to do so and will it effect my claim ?

Many thanks

Hi H,

Yes we have members who have complained, with various outcomes !

Of course, the decision on whether to complain is up to you !!

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.