× Members

Coincidence???

More
8 years 2 months ago #152056 by Gareth56
Coincidence??? was created by Gareth56
A few weeks ago I rang up the ESA call centre to ask when my reassessment was scheduled for given that there was talk of them being deferred for some months due to a backlog. I was told by the person at the call centre that mine was scheduled for March but don't be surprised if there was a delay thus giving credence to the backlog story.

Two days later guess what popped through my letter box.................an ESA50 to be completed by 12th Feb!!!!

Was it a coincidence that a couple of days earlier I'd been enquiring when my reassessment date was and an ESA50 dropping on my doormat????

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152072 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Coincidence???

Gareth wrote: A few weeks ago I rang up the ESA call centre to ask when my reassessment was scheduled for given that there was talk of them being deferred for some months due to a backlog. I was told by the person at the call centre that mine was scheduled for March but don't be surprised if there was a delay thus giving credence to the backlog story.

Two days later guess what popped through my letter box.................an ESA50 to be completed by 12th Feb!!!!

Was it a coincidence that a couple of days earlier I'd been enquiring when my reassessment date was and an ESA50 dropping on my doormat????

Hi G,

Yes, probably pure coincidence !!

After reassessments being deferred since January 2014 due to the backlog, reassessments of current ESA recipients restarted at the beginning of December 2015 !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152133 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Coincidence???
I don't know how long it takes for DWP to notify Maximus that a reassessment is due, then for Maximus to dispatch the forms to you - but I suspect it would take more than a couple of days. Which leads me to think that the process was already underway when you made your call.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.