× Members

esa reassessment

More
8 years 11 months ago #134853 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa reassessment
Hi eve,

Yes, you can find out this info. Either phone or write to the DWP (written is probably best if you are able. Whether or not you had a face2face assessment, this link will tell you what forms are available.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

If you want all the paperwork associated with your claim, you can make a written Subject Access Request

SAR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: eve, Suzie17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #135606 by eve
Replied by eve on topic esa reassessment
hi i need advice on the activity mobilising unaided ect in ESA 50 form.Discriptor cannot either mobilise more then 50 metres(a) or (b) repectaly mobilise 50 metres.I can not walk more then 30 metres without stoping due to breathlessness.And my condition is much worse in the moring when getting room to room makes me short of breath.I have to stop and rest within a few metres.And it takes a long time to get ready .And often to weak to leave the house.When i do go out i have to park within 20 metres.I have a blue badge.But its rare for me to go out due to my condition.I am on ESA and have WF interveiw over phone at the moment as i did not get in to SG.But i feel as i have to stop so often i should have gone in the support group.Some advice on the diffrence between the above discriptors to help make it clear to me as i find them confusing.

More
8 years 10 months ago #135649 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa reassessment
Eve

You need to be aware that the Mobilising test does not just look at your ability to walk, but also your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair over the same distances. You do not need to use a wheelchair or to even own one in order for the usage to be considered, as long it is considered reasonable then it usage can be considered. So, if you have not provided evidence that you cannot self-propel a wheelchair, it may have been assumed that you can.

Your reasons for being unable to use a wheelchair may be the same as those that limit your ability to walk, but you must still address this issue directly and obviously you must show that you are limited to 50m or less. for the majority of the time, so if you have problems in the morning then you should go into these in detail but you should also explain how your are limited in the afternoon and evening.

The full Descriptor for the Support Group is

1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid is normally, or could reasonably be, worn or used.
Cannot either:
(i) mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion
or
(ii) repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #135825 by eve
hi yes i would not be able to self-propel a wheelchair for the same reasons as i have with walking.As i have severe discomfort and breathlessness .I did state this on my ESA form and letters from my doctor that state i suffer breathlessness on activity.

More
8 years 10 months ago #135829 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa reassessment

eve wrote: hi yes i would not be able to self-propel a wheelchair for the same reasons as i have with walking.As i have severe discomfort and breathlessness .I did state this on my ESA form and letters from my doctor that state i suffer breathlessness on activity.

If you are unable to perform an activity first thing in the day, then you should be counted as being unable to do it for the whole day. ESA Regulation 27

27. A claimant who at the commencement of any day has, or thereafter develops, limited capability for work as determined in accordance with the limited capability for work assessment is to be treated as having limited capability for work throughout that day.

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/27/made

Although this only applies to Limited Capability for Work (WRAG) as the 15 point descriptor also applies to the Support Group this should still be relevant.

Gordon

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152099 by eve
I suffer from copd stage 4,i have got my esa reassessment due.On the esa50 form regarding moving around it states 50 metres 100 metres 200 metres.I find this difficult to answer as i get very breathless even after a few metres at my worse time of day and at best is not much better about 10 or 15 metres .I walk slow compared to other people my age and can some times do a bit better like this but it is no where near 50 metres.Should i answer N/A .An use the box to explain? regards eve
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.