× Members

esa reassessment

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134825 by eve
esa reassessment was created by eve
I am on WCA ESA as i was found i point short for the support.I dont need another assessment for a year.But my condition took a turn for the worse as i have COPD and caught the flu i could not move more then two steps i had shortness of breath and chest infection that needed intro antibiotics at the hospital i stayed in over night and have to go as out patient.And now on extra meds and new dr at the hospital.I did have my flu jab but did not work.Should i get in touch with dwp about this as it has knocked me for six.I can also get shortness of breath with stress.Or should i wait till reassessment is due.As i feel so un well.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #134828 by
Replied by on topic esa reassessment

eve wrote: I am on WCA ESA as i was found i point short for the support.I dont need another assessment for a year.But my condition took a turn for the worse as i have COPD and caught the flu i could not move more then two steps i had shortness of breath and chest infection that needed intro antibiotics at the hospital i stayed in over night and have to go as out patient.And now on extra meds and new dr at the hospital.I did have my flu jab but did not work.Should i get in touch with dwp about this as it has knocked me for six.I can also get shortness of breath with stress.Or should i wait till reassessment is due.As i feel so un well.

Hi e,

It is up to you on whether or not you choose to report a Change of Circumstances to ESA regarding a deterioration in your condition.

If you do, this will result in a fresh assessment, which in turn would mean filling in a fresh ESA50 and the possibility of a face to face assessment.

In any such reassessment you would be assessed on how you are at the time of the reassessment, and not how you may have been at some time since your WRAG award.

Just to add, The Support Group (SG) Descriptors are not points based, although some but not all of them correspond to The WRAG Descriptors that score the maximum 15 points.

Here are : The WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Descriptors

Where you must score a minimum of 15 points cumulatively across all/any of the Activities.

Here are : The Functional SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors where you only have to fulfil any one of the Activities to qualify for The SG.

See also : Qualifying for the Support Group

&

ESA Claims Guides

bro58

More
8 years 11 months ago #134841 by eve
Replied by eve on topic esa reassessment
Hi thanks for the info.My advisor at the job centre phones me every 2 months to see if i have a change in my circumstances.I have only been to the job centre once at the begining of my claim.He is the one who told me i was only one point short for the support .And thinks that i should have been put on support.He said they may put me on support next time.He is due to phone me on 4 of july for next interview.I dont feel well enough to go for a new claim .But think he needs to know these things.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134843 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa reassessment
Allocation to the Support Group is not points based, it depends entirely on meeting the specific criteria, so I'm afraid the advisor is mistaken on that matter.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 11 months ago #134845 by eve
hi thanks i think at the time i could walk about 30metres and and had some points because of my depression.Can i find out how my points were rewarded.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134848 by eve
can i find out what points i was rewarded and if i meet any descriptors on my last esa claim. :whistle: Thanks guys
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.