× Members

ESA WRAG first meeting

More
8 years 2 months ago #152127 by Scotboy
ESA WRAG first meeting was created by Scotboy
So I am on ESA WRAG group much thanks to benefits and work for all the advice. I take potent medication which makes me even worse of a mess in the mornings due to the hangover effects, one of the reasons why even when trying to work several years ago I had occupational health referral not to work early mornings. For this reason my PIP assessment and ESA appeal were scheduled for the afternoons. However I have been asked at very short notice to attend the first WRAG meeting at 9am in a couple of days, I cant see how I will possibly make it at that time given my usual condition, even taking a taxi, or finding someone to accompany at such short notice. I feel like if I manage to go on time it may be suggested as evidence to dismiss my chronic problems, or if I am very late or don't go I will be sanctioned - I was sanctioned by this office for 'non-attendance' of an early morning telephone signing on interview when i called back the same day (while pending appeal after mandatory reconsideration) , however this was overturned when I complained. I plan to call on Monday and ask it to be moved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152138 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA WRAG first meeting
Scotboy

Yes, phone them they are required to take into account your limitations, however, the JC+ staff do not have access to any of this information on the computer system so you will need to explain what difficulties you have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scotboy

More
8 years 2 months ago #152160 by Scotboy
Replied by Scotboy on topic ESA WRAG first meeting
Ok thanks, ill have to call monday now, was only given 2 days notice so less than 24 hours before intended plan

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.