× Members

turned down for enhanched rate pip

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152169 by Vikki
turned down for enhanched rate pip was created by Vikki
hi, can many one help me i have fibromyalgia,osteoarthritis,ibs and iam chronic asthmatic,i had dla indefinitely but as you know still have to apply for pip,i had my assessment and just got the letter to say i haven't been awarded daily living and only got standard mobility so i will loss my car and have no money coming in to buy one or pay the insurance every month,iam so angry because they have not listened to me and have bypassed a couple of the descriptors an given me 0points when i should have 10points, please have you any advise as to how or what i can do..many thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152185 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic turned down for enhanched rate pip
Hi Vikki and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry this has happened to you, I'm afraid you are far from being alone in this :( Your next step would be to request a Mandatory Reconsideration from DWP - another decision maker would look at your claim and see if they agree with the award. You have I month in which to do this. I'm afraid it is rare for the decision to be changed at this stage but it is a necessary step before going to appeal. It is explained in detail in our PIP guide. I am afraid your car will still have to be returned to Motability.

PIP help for claimants

It will also be helpful to request a copy of the assessment. However, you should not delay requesting the MR even if the assessment report has not arrived.

If you have further questions about your PIP claim please reply to this message and we will do our best to reply. It helps us a great deal if everything related to one topic is kept in the same place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.