× Members

PIP Coonfusion ?

• Louise
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152175 by Louise
PIP Coonfusion ? was created by Louise
Hi all, I am very confused about my PIP Application. I was told on the 4th of February that ATOS had until the 6th of February to return their paperwork back to the DWP. I was told by the addvisor that as I had sent in so much evidence and that they had received a report from my Hospital that I did not need a medical. Today I received a letter asking for a medical ? I had a virus on my brain 19 years ago, have epiilepsy, tremors, spasms, resodual muscle wastage, Lupus, irregular heart beat, total gut failure and am fed for 14 hours a day via a feeding tube. I have a hospital bed, commode, perching stool, inco pads and carers to wash and dress me. Along with CFS and slow speech and concentration. What would you people do contact the DWP as they have recorded calls ? Also double crutches, manual wheelchair and mobility scooter. Previously on lifetime award at top rate DLA. Why are they doing this to us ? Thank you, L70
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152187 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Coonfusion ?
Hi Louise and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you to find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Who told you that DWP had until 6th Feb to return your file to DWP? Whoever it was, they were clearly mistaken! If it has been decided that you need a face2face assessment, you are unlikely to be awarded PIP without one. The best thing you can do is try to get the assessment carried out in your own home. You can make the initial request by phone but you will stand little chance of success without support in the form of a letter from your GP.

It would be worth you having a look at our PIP guide as it explains the process in detail.

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions about your PIP claim please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. It helps us a great deal if everything related to one subject is kept in one place. Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

• Louise
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #152608 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic PIP Coonfusion ?
Thank you for getting back to me. I was told by the person on the phone at the DWP when she spoke to the accessor that I didn't need a medical on the 4th of February.
I spoke to the DWP after posting as I have had a fall and have to broken fingers and my right armis in a splint, apparently I have severe soft tissue damage which takes longer to heal than a break. I told the DWP about my fall, the fact that I had two ops following a GI bleed in January and they found a knot in my jedj feeding tube. This had to be replaced the next day and my peg site also resited as I have had eleven infections since it was put in at the end of last May. I also said that I have been receiving daily visits from the district nurses as my wound was still open. I did request a home visit on my application. I rang ATOS who said they only do it if your housebound. I haven't been out since December due to being in Hospital and everything else with the fall etc. They said I still didn't qualify !
My P.I.P accessment is on the 10th Of March and my carer is coming with me. She used to work for social services doing accessments for disabled people so that's a positive ! The man from ATOS said when I said I was very anxious and nervous the accessment is just a little informal chat ! Having read from what the HP looks for this has made me worry even more. On the new P.I.P. guidelines it says to take a copy but I sent my form of in December. I am on 23 different types of medications and have ad 11 hypos since the 23rd of Feb. So scared as I can't remeber what I put on my form. My husband did save my online answers for the points so I guess thats something. Anything that anyone can advise me on would be greatly appreciated. LV

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152631 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Coonfusion ?
Louise

There is still time for the appointment to be switched to a home assessment but you really need to get a letter from your GP explaining why you cannot attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.