× Members

CA SWAPPING

More
8 years 1 month ago #152242 by brokennotbent
CA SWAPPING was created by brokennotbent
I am ashamed and embarrassed to admit I cannot hold a "real" conversation, but am a "keyboard warrior". Telephoning the DWP inevitably leads me to breaking down and sets me back further; therefore I'm asking for clarification on here first so I can approach them fully prepared, with a script to hand, which will hopefully enable me not to get flustered and confused etc.
I live with my parents ( not through choice but I digress).
My mum receives PIP; my Dad receives CA for her.
I receive DLA (being transferred to PIP); my Mum was told she had an "underlying entitlement" to CA for me but "overlapping benefits" means she receives no payment.

Would it be following to adjust to the following...I claim CA for my Mum and my Dad claims for me? At the very least I would then get NI contributions (Mum already has a full pension number of years), and we should receive an extra CA yes? This could be the difference between me bring made homeless, but digressing again. Is this correct and how do I explain to DWP? Do I call the PIP or DLA number? As I'm currently in the DLA/PIP changeover, will thus impact it?
Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152268 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CA SWAPPING
brokennotbent

First of all you need to ask yourself two questions.

- Can you and will you provide the 35 hours of care a week required?

- Will your providing the 35 hours of care be at odds with the limitations you previously stated on your PIP2?

If you can and will provide the 35 hours of care then you can in principle move the CA claims around, however, if your doing so compromises the limitations on your PIP2 then you risk a re-assessment of your claim.

You'll have to get face to face advice as to whether you and your family would be better off by making these changes.

Your father will need to close his current claim CA claim before he can make a new one and you can claim against your mother. You need to contact the Cares Allowance unit.

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance-unit

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152282 by brokennotbent
Replied by brokennotbent on topic CA SWAPPING
Yes I know all that you have said, but I don't know how to approach the DWP without getting myself in a terrible fuddle!

More
8 years 1 month ago #152286 by Gordon

brokennotbent wrote: Yes I know all that you have said, but I don't know how to approach the DWP without getting myself in a terrible fuddle!

Just to add you will both need Daily Living awards of MRC or HRC Care.

Once your father has closed his claim, then you can make a claim for CA online.

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/how-to-claim

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152392 by brokennotbent
Replied by brokennotbent on topic CA SWAPPING
See, I'm not making myself clear here, so what hope do I have with the DWP!

More
8 years 1 month ago #152394 by Gordon

brokennotbent wrote: See, I'm not making myself clear here, so what hope do I have with the DWP!

I have tried to answer all of your questions, what do you have a problem with?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.