× Members

ESA

• Jane R
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152319 by Jane R
ESA was created by Jane R
i have been put in an ESA work related group - very interesting as at the moment I can't use my right hand at all and am awaiting somequite radical treatment. Hmmm

The DWP sacked me as unable to do my job as they were unable to find me anything else to do and yet they find me capable of looking for work in near future. Interesting.

I have thought of appealing but wondered if other people have found it the work related group helpful.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152322 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA
Hi Jane and welcome to the forum.On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

This post should also be informative.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=107849

Before expending time and energy on a Mandatory Reconsideration (which would have to be completed before you could appeal) you should have a look at the Support Group descriptors and see whether you think any of them apply to you. The manual dexterity descriptor is such that you are unlikely to qualify if you have the use of either hand.

Qualifying for the Support Group

While in the WRAG you cannot be required to work or seek work. If you are in receipt of contributory ESA, payment is limited to 365 days for those not in the Support Group. After that time you would only receive payment if also entitled to income-related ESA although NI credits would continue to count towards your state retirement pension.

If you still wish to request an MR our ESA guides explain this process.

ESA claims and appeals

If/when you have further questions, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta. Reason: added link

• Jane R
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #152330 by Jane R
Replied by Jane R on topic ESA
Thanks for replying. I rang to find out how many points I had and it was 15. I have both medical & mental health problems. I have today discovered that my therapist has noticed a downturn in mood & wants me to attend further therapies to help with this problem.

ESA are going to send me the report and interestingly enough let it slip that originally they were going to put me in the support group.

I will wait for report and then reconsider what I should do as I was going to apply for a Mandatory Reconsideration - not because I don't want to be in the WRAG but I can't cope with the emotional fallout at the moment. I have tried looking around site to get the information but I panic.

Thanks again

More
8 years 1 month ago #152359 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA
Make sure that you request the MR in time, even if you have not received your copy of the assessment report by that stage.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jane R

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.