× Members

ESA have put me into the support group!

More
8 years 1 month ago #152341 by sharona46
ESA have put me into the support group! was created by sharona46
Hi all! I just wanted to say that I rang DWP today and they have said I am in the Support Group so am feeling very relieved. I called PIP and they said I had failed my assessment which I am very surprised by as a welfare person from the CAB sat with me and helped me to fill out the form. PIP had more of a detailed description than the ESA form. I actually did not really put a lot on the ESA questionnaire form so it makes not much sense to me. I have asked for a MR though, I did say to the PIP Lady that I have been placed in the Support Group and she she replied "really" and then she went on and asked me if this decision was made after the PIP decision and I said yes it has so I am scratching my head right now! She says the MR can take up to 3 months. My PIP application started in October 15.

I think if I had a choice to say which one I had success with first then it would have been ESA as this is my only income at present and it dictates so much more to my daily living right now.

If you do have any advice regarding my PIP fight then I would love to hear please as this is a new journey for me. They actually sent the decision letter to my old address so they are sending me this and the assessment report to my actual address, thanks all and I wish you all the very best of results on your personal journeys xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152360 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA have put me into the support group!
sharona

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process and template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152367 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic ESA have put me into the support group!
Thanks ever so much Gordon, I will follow your advice to the end. I will update when I have received the report.

Another question please - Now I am in the support group, will this enable me towards anymore financial help as I am getting so behind in my utilities? I have very little food in at the moment too so not good. Thanks Gordon.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152369 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA have put me into the support group!
You will receive more money each week now that you have been allocated to the Support Group, and there should be some nice back pay too! If you have little other income, you might be entitled to an income-related amount too, you would have to give your financial details on an ESA3 form.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152393 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic ESA have put me into the support group!
Oh that sounds like heaven right now Mrs Hurtyback! I will get ahold of the ESA3 form asap. I don't think I will need to see the lady from the CAB regarding the PIP MR/Appeal as I have you Superheroes right here! X
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.