× Members

Successful ESA SG result

More
8 years 1 month ago #152379 by wayne57
Successful ESA SG result was created by wayne57
My wife recently has her ESA medical based on a Form from 2013 which we did not complete very well - her condition has worsened since we originally filled out the form. Following information on the board we compiled a list of how her condition (spastic hemiplegia) effects her day to day living now and asked for this information to be included in her file.
On the actual day of the medical my wife was having a bad day and struggling to walk. We thought we would probably be seeing a nurse but were surprised when the health adviser actually turned out to be a consultant from Addenbrookes Hospital who knew more about my wifes condition and how it affected her than we did - she picked up on her condition on the walk from the waiting room to consulting room - less than 10 metres. All questions asked expanded on what we had put in the additional information, no questions were designed to try and catch us out.
Result - awarded Support Group along with a letter from the consultant to our GP requesting a medicine review. All we need now is to get a copy of the report for our records for next time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #152381 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Successful ESA SG result

wayne57 wrote: My wife recently has her ESA medical based on a Form from 2013 which we did not complete very well - her condition has worsened since we originally filled out the form. Following information on the board we compiled a list of how her condition (spastic hemiplegia) effects her day to day living now and asked for this information to be included in her file.
On the actual day of the medical my wife was having a bad day and struggling to walk. We thought we would probably be seeing a nurse but were surprised when the health adviser actually turned out to be a consultant from Addenbrookes Hospital who knew more about my wifes condition and how it affected her than we did - she picked up on her condition on the walk from the waiting room to consulting room - less than 10 metres. All questions asked expanded on what we had put in the additional information, no questions were designed to try and catch us out.
Result - awarded Support Group along with a letter from the consultant to our GP requesting a medicine review. All we need now is to get a copy of the report for our records for next time.

Hi w57,

That's a really good reason for making your first post on the forum !!

Well done !!! :cheer:

I must say, I am most surprised that a Consultant would be working as an ESA Assessor :huh: !!

See : This Post on requesting ESA documentation.

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #152383 by wayne57
Replied by wayne57 on topic Successful ESA SG result
Not as surprised as we were with having a consultant!
Thanks for the link

More
8 years 1 month ago #152391 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Successful ESA SG result
That's great news Wayne, I am also astounded at the idea of a consultant working for Maximus!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.