× Members

THANK YOU B & W

More
8 years 2 months ago #151557 by najtned
THANK YOU B & W was created by najtned
My 18 yr old son had his assessment 2 weeks ago with ATOS who I have to say was really good. He did say the probably wont ask you to be re assessed for a long time, but how long does it take to get a decision and does it involve a phone call first etc, my son is not very good on the phone.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151589 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic THANK YOU B & W

Janice wrote: My 18 yr old son had his assessment 2 weeks ago with ATOS who I have to say was really good. He did say the probably wont ask you to be re assessed for a long time, but how long does it take to get a decision and does it involve a phone call first etc, my son is not very good on the phone.

Many thanks

Hi J,

They seldom ring regarding a PIP decision.

Average time is around 2-4 weeks after the assessment but the PIP assessment system has been slowing down since New Year.

You could ring The PIP helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

bro58

• Mrs. Medlam
8 years 2 months ago #151615 by Mrs. Medlam
Replied by Mrs. Medlam on topic THANK YOU B & W
Hi Janice, I've been waiting nearly 6 weeks and still nothing, if I haven't heard by the end of the week I'm going give them a ring.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152402 by najtned
Replied by najtned on topic THANK YOU B & W
NOT SURE IF THIS WHERE WE LEAVE FEEDBACK .

Just received my sons award notice from DLA to PIP again enhanced award for care for ongoing period no date of end, we didn't claim mobility as it wasn't needed.
Thank you soooooo much B&W all your help in completing 'How your disability affects you' form was invaluable.

ATOS assessment was really good, local able to walk to, asked if need to claim fares as soon as we'd checked in. Great assessor, who was really helpful, supportive and understanding of my sons needs, as he had to leave assessment twice in 40 mins for medical reasons.

All I can say that from start Dec2015 completing forms for DLA to PIP, to assessment, to award approx. 12 weeks, and 5 weeks before DLA runs out.
All round good experience with amazing help from this site. well worth the subscription cost.

AMAZING!! THANK YOU

Good luck to everyone else.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #152410 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic THANK YOU B & W

Janice wrote: NOT SURE IF THIS WHERE WE LEAVE FEEDBACK .

Just received my sons award notice from DLA to PIP again enhanced award for care for ongoing period no date of end, we didn't claim mobility as it wasn't needed.
Thank you soooooo much B&W all your help in completing 'How your disability affects you' form was invaluable.

ATOS assessment was really good, local able to walk to, asked if need to claim fares as soon as we'd checked in. Great assessor, who was really helpful, supportive and understanding of my sons needs, as he had to leave assessment twice in 40 mins for medical reasons.

All I can say that from start Dec2015 completing forms for DLA to PIP, to assessment, to award approx. 12 weeks, and 5 weeks before DLA runs out.
All round good experience with amazing help from this site. well worth the subscription cost.

AMAZING!! THANK YOU

Good luck to everyone else.

Hi J,

That is really good news, well done !!! :cheer: :cheer:

An "ongoing" award has no end date and is the nearest PIP equivalent to an Indefinite DLA award !!

They should not bother him again for around 10 years !!

Thanks for the positive feedback !!! :)

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #152421 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic THANK YOU B & W
That's great news Janice! Thanks for taking time to let us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.