× Members

PIP Appeal help please

More
8 years 1 month ago #152426 by te1
PIP Appeal help please was created by te1
I have just received my MR response stating I am not entitled to PIP. I wrote a very detailed response to the HP's report which was full of errors. The HP wrote things that I did not say, such as I can use a credit card when I do not even have one or he left out things which I did say. The HP report is full of assumptions and asked no questions about whether any task can be carried out repeatedly, reliably or safely. The MR appears to have ignored everything I have said about the HP's report.

I was originally awarded 4 points for care and 4 points for mobility and this remains unchanged. The person who carried out the MR appears to have based the decision on the HP report and taken no consideration my challenge to it.

I am feeling exhausted and not believed by the whole experience, and this has had a detrimental impact on my physical and mental health. Is it worth submitting an Appeal? Would a Tribunal hearing be as awful as ATOS the face-to-face assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152442 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal help please
TE

The success rate for appeals is significantly higher than the revision rate at MR, the Tribunal panel will look at your claim with fresh eyes and you will have another opportunity to present your case.

One thing stands out from your latest post, you only talk about issues in the assessment report, our experience is that successful claims are made where the claimant first concentrates on showing why they meet the criteria for an award as this is the only way that one will be made.

Have a look at the PIP Appeal guide, it has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete for an appeal and an explanation of how to complete it, there are other documents in that section that may help you argue your case.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should also go through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see where you failed to show that you met the criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152462 by te1
Replied by te1 on topic PIP Appeal help please
Thank you. I did write an 8 page letter detailing how I meet the criteria and sent medical evidence relating to my mental health proving what I had told the HP. I think my 'problem' is that I work part time, which exhausts me so much I'm not sure how much longer I can hold it down. I have aspergers, severe mental health problems, fibromyalgia and underactive thyroid. I have access to work support to enable me to work. I want to work but feel like I'm being penalised for doing so. The stress of the job is certainly making me unwell.

What is my PIP2?

More
8 years 1 month ago #152465 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal help please

te1 wrote: Thank you. I did write an 8 page letter detailing how I meet the criteria and sent medical evidence relating to my mental health proving what I had told the HP. I think my 'problem' is that I work part time, which exhausts me so much I'm not sure how much longer I can hold it down. I have aspergers, severe mental health problems, fibromyalgia and underactive thyroid. I have access to work support to enable me to work. I want to work but feel like I'm being penalised for doing so. The stress of the job is certainly making me unwell.

What is my PIP2?

The PIP2 is the form you will have completed detailing all the problems you would have with preparing food, getting dressed, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: te1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.